Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertpratl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Dryer Hook UP
    I'm having a washer and dryer delivered tomarrow and I wanted to know how do I hook up a (gas) Dryer? The gas and Venting for the dryer are already their, what else do I need to do? Thanks!!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Be sure there's a shutoff and a connector on the gas line that's already there.

The dryer might come with a flexible line to hook up to it, but there are a few different sizes... so if it fits, then connect it to your line and you're set. If it does not fit, just go out and buy a new fitting for your gas line that fits the other end of the flex line.

The dryer instructions will probably indicate how tight to crank those fittings down.

You'll just use a pipe or adjustable wrench. Don't use any sealant compound or tape.
    jwrogers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Is there a shut off for the gas at the dryer? If not you need one. Flex gas hose and connect. If you go to your local hardwre store they can fix you up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Termostat hook up [ 2 Answers ]

We just recently purchase a house . I went to put a new digilal termostat.finding out to my surprise that we have some sort of air cond system. Upon furter inspection the system is a water cooled of some sort with a condenser inside of heating duct above fan blower.the wires at the thermosat are...

Hook up [ 1 Answers ]

How would you hook-up the following? Satellite, cable box, dvd player (w/component cables) and vcr to a TV with, 2 a/v connections on the back 1 componet connection on back and 1 s-video on the back? I also have an A/B switch and splitter. I currently can watch either the SAT or the cable box, but...

Washer/dryer hook ups [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The house I am looking to rent does not have any washer/dryer hook ups and it would really be a hassle to go to the laundymat, so I was wondering if there are any options? I really have no idea but someone mentioned hooking up a compact washer and dryer to the kithchen sink or somewhere in...

Installing Washer Dryer hook-up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there- We just put in offer in on a 3 unit building with two other couples. There is a laundry hook-up in the basement in a common area but all of us would rather have an in unit set-up. Our unit is on the top floor of 3 and has a very large kitchen complete with “Austin Powers-esque” wet bar....

Washer Dryer Hook-up [ 5 Answers ]

I just inherited my sister's 8 year old washer and dryer (gas). The super came by and told us he would need to replace some of the hook-ups, for a total of $170. That seems a little bit expensive. Is that a normal price to replace the washer hoses, necessary clamps and valves, the gas line, etc?...

View more questions Search