Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WAYMOUTH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 10:03 AM
    Laptop as a monitor
    I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my PC tower. How do I hook it up?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Unless the laptop supports some type of video-in or video-passthrough functionality, you don't. The laptop isn't a monitor, it's a computer with an integrated display device. Now, you could disassemble the laptop and with enough electronics savvy jury-rig the video parts to function as a monitor; but, then it wouldn't be a laptop anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect my laptop as monitor for my PC? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a PC without monitor.Can I connect my laptop as a monitor for my PC? Regards,

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

Can I use my laptop as a monitor for CPU unit? [ 3 Answers ]

My monitor died, and no funds to replace as of yet but I do have a laptop.is there a way of connecting my CPU unit to operate through my laptop and ,me using the laptop as my monitor?is there such a way ?id appreciate some help with this:)

Laptop monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell Latitud laptop model C800, I did reinstall Windows 98 SE everything is running OK, but the monitor image is too small, in other words the screen does not cover all the surface like when was new. Can somebody help. Thank you

View more questions Search