Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lologirl2021 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Statistics Test
    Given a sample mean of 48 a sample standard deviation of 5, a sample size of 100, and an assumed value of 50 for the true population mean, what is the value of the test statistic? (Points: 4)
    ProjectAdvisor Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jul 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
    You question appears to be incomplete. A test statistic is a quantity used of prove (reject) the null hypothesis. So which statistic are you looking for. The only option in your selection that is one of the statistical value is 48, the sample mean. However, I think you need to be more specific about which "test statistic" you are referring to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

Use the Kruskal-Wallis test and a significance level of a = 0.05 to test the hypothes [ 4 Answers ]

In an experiment to determine which of three different missile systems is preferable, the propellant burning rates were measured. The data after coding is given below. System I 24.0 ,16.7 ,22.8 ,19.8, 18.9 System II 23.2, 19.8 ,18.1, 17.6, 20.2, 17.8 System III 18.4, 19.1 ,17.3 ,17.3, 19.7...

Statistics:likert scale-chi squared test [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I'm doing a stats project on job satisfaction at an advertising firm. We did a likert scale questionnaire and have done bargraphs but I'm unsure how to go about doing the chi-squared test and what exactly to do the test on. Do I do it on each question, groups of...

View more questions Search