Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indian44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Toilet not flushing properly no water coming drom small holes under rim
    No water coming from small holes underneath the rim
    ProjectAdvisor Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jul 25, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Is your water brackish? Sometimes well water will also clog the holes? A thorough cleaning should solve the problem. Go to the hardware store and ask for something that will remove the mineral deposits from the toilet. The salespeople in the store in your area will know what is the best solution for your problem
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 25, 2009, 07:43 AM
    You are "gunked up". First try to pick out the holes with a coat hanger. If that fails then shut the water of under the tank and drain the tank. Now lift the flapper and pour a 1/2 gallon of bleach into the hole and let it set over night. Next morning fill the tank and see if the bleach loosened it up enough the flush out. If you still have a problem click on back and tell me about it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet not flushing properly [ 11 Answers ]

One of my upstairs toilets is now flushing differently. When I flush, the water in the bowl rises until it nearly overflows, then it begins draining. However, it does not stop draining until the bowl is almost empty, well below the normal water level. The water level rising in the bowl indicates...

Toilet not flushing properly [ 20 Answers ]

My toilet just started filling up and very slowly draning until most of the water's gone, but it's not flushing the waste down with it. I've tried 3 times now. The tank empties and refills, the bowl fills up almost to the point of overflow and then VERY slowly drains. No flushing is happening....

Toilet not flushing properly [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 month old toilet that will not flush properly. I have snaked it and plunged it but all the water will not empty from the tank. I have also adjusted the chain and ballcock but nothing seems to work.

Toilet not flushing properly [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My toilet is not flushing properly. I thought it was blocked but I have tried unblocking today, and the problem still persists. When I flush it seems that the flush is only working halfway. There is water going in to the basin but not generally enough to take away all of the water. Does...

Toilet not flushing properly [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My toilet is an older type, American Standard toilet. It has approx. 5 - 6 inches of water in the bottom. When I flush, it's not very powerful. The water level rises and spins rather slowly, then slows down even more, drops down, and barely flushes. Often times, it does not flush...

View more questions Search