Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 25, 2009, 06:41 AM
    My 1998 Ferrari 350 won't start up!
    I have been told by one of my buddies who is a mechanic that the compression is too low!

I haven't driven Betsy in 2 years, and I am not much of a mechanic.

I am not sure if I want to take it to the garage. When I start the car up it rumbles and then turns off almost immediately.

Anyone else have/ had this problem?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCrook View Post
    Anyone else have/ had this problem?
    Hello Crook:

Nahhh. I drive my Ferrari every day. It's my Bentley that's having problems.

excon
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 07:15 AM

If your buddy is right, remove all spark plugs and check each cylinder's compression. Then, you'll know exactly where you stand. The results may indicate a blown head gasket, which is usually caused by allowing an aluminum head engine to overheat. Racing can be a contributing factor.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 08:27 PM

It's not worth all this bother. I'll give you 500 for it and you don't have to worry about it anymore.
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 26, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    If your buddy is right, remove all spark plugs and check each cylinder's compression. Then, you'll know exactly where you stand. The results may indicate a blown head gasket, which is usually caused by allowing an aluminum head engine to overheat. Racing can be a contributing factor.
    Hey thanks dude, I will try that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 chevy cavalier ets light, won't start [ 21 Answers ]

Hi all, hope someone can help with my problem. My sister has a 1998 chevy cavalier z24 automatic 4 cyl. About a week ago the ETS light come on, no other lights. The buzzer was buzzing when she put the key in to start it and going down the road it would go off and on. Then it started jerking and...

My 1998 Honda Prelude won't start.AGAIN! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Prelude DOHC VtEC that I just bought with about 97000 miles on it. I was with the guy that sold it to me when the timing belt broke. I got it checked and replaced the timing belt and water pump. He advised me of the ever so popular problem with the main relay. I replaced...

1998 honda accord won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1998 honda accord will not start when it is really hot outside,but it will when its cool outside can anybody tell me why?

1998 Civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

My car just recenyly died. I drove it to work one day and it worked fine, only problem was that it took a few turns of the key to get it started. The next thing I know it won't start at all. I searched around and seen that a main relay may cause this so I bought a new one and it didn't help. ...

Ferrari camera [ 8 Answers ]

How much does it cost

View more questions Search