Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRANDY1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 02:51 AM
    I am 30 weeks pregnant and the father died
    :(I am 30 weeks and my fiancée past away about 2 months ago, and I been trying to be strong... but it is starting to really get to me and I don't know what to do.:confused:
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 02:58 AM

I can only imagine what you're going through. I wish I had advice to help you. But if it helps to talk, you can always keep posting here. At the very least, you have someone to listen to you. And hopefully someone else here will have advice later.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 25, 2009, 03:10 AM
    I cannot describe how much my heart hurts for you having to go through this. You shouldn't have to feel this way right now. At least you have a part of him with you to love. That must be a comfort when you start to feel this way.

Have you thought about a bereavement group in your area? A support group can be very helpful for what you are going through right now. You definitely need to have people around you who understand and are willing to listen and be there. What about his family? Are they nearby enough for you to talk with them, it might help.

I am so sorry for your loss, nothing I can say can express that more.
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jul 25, 2009, 02:57 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I have a friend who's husband passed away when she was 36 weeks pregnant. He had a massive heart attack. Her strength came from family and the little baby girl she had 3 weeks later. She said it was a bitter sweet thing having her little girl but it was reminder her husband was gone. She said taking day by day was the only way she coped.

Again I am so sorry for your loss, if you ever would talk please feel free to send me a message.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 03:00 PM

I am so sorry you lost him hon. *hugs* I can't think of anything to say. And there nothing TO say that can make it better for you. :(

Have you thought about seeing a counselor? Bereavement and depression during pregnancy can be bad for you and the baby. Where are you located? I can help you find a support group in your area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 03:01 PM

I also am so sorry for your loss. I don't know of any words that can express what you must be going though. Staying strong for the baby, and keeping the memory of the father alive in your heart and in the child's life is all I can think of at the moment
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2009, 10:33 PM
    I really don't know what to say... I know its really hard for you.. may god bless you and your little one!
    zimor Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Jul 25, 2009, 10:43 PM
    Pathetic! Am sorry for your lost but u must be stronge because you've got the baby to live for. Try chilling out with folks, friends to keep your mind away from your lost. Ask the Lord for strength and believe you He will see you through. BE STRONGE for the baby!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zimor View Post
    Pathetic! Am sorry for your lost but u must be stronge because you've got the baby to live for. Try chilling out with folks, friends to keep your mind away from your lost. Ask the Lord for strength and believe you He will see you through. BE STRONGE for the baby!
    The pathetic part was uncalled for. In fact that was more than rude, that was insensitive.

BRANDY, I am sorry for your loss.

Askmehelpdesk is always here for support hon.

Do you have any support in your family? Do you still visit his family?

Since you are having his child the grieving process will take a lot longer than usual- and because of this you need a strong support system.

Soon enough you will have a wonderful baby in your arms.

Please speak to your doctor if you feel you are having postpartum depression after birth.

Keep us posted.

Sarah
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zimor View Post
    Pathetic? I'll tell you what is pathetic. YOU are Zimor. Yea, that's right, I said it, do you even know the definition? I'll bet not, as you cannot even spell "STRONG" correctly. Someone writes in, expressing feelings of loss, while she's pregnant ,and YOU insult her . OH you wouldn't know how delicate women are at that time would you? How old are you by the way? 12? 13? Go outside and play, and stay in the yard.

Brandy, I can't imagine how you are feeling having a baby on the way, and being by yourself. I hope you have support from family, BOTH sides. I am hoping that his family is very anxious about this birth, an extension of the son. It's OK to mourn, in fact, it's healthy to. Always remember your child's father in the stories that you tell him/her. Life is not always fair, but know that GOD has a plan. May HE bless you, and hold you during your darkest time. And thank HIM for that beautiful bundle of joy that's on the way. I have prayed for you and will again later. I'm quite sure there are others here too doing the same.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 09:30 AM

Brandy,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard this is for you.

A support group would be a great idea. I believe Chey mentioned that. Most hospitals have support groups set up for people grieving the loss of a loved one. It can really help to talk to people going through the same thing you are.

We're here too. I found this site very helpful when I was going through some personal issues. The people here are wonderful, supportive and the nice thing is, you don't have to look any of us in the face. It can help to talk to someone, we're here if you decide to do that.

Stay strong, be well. Hugs to you. :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 05:17 AM

Re: zimors use of pathetic

Pa⋅thet⋅ic  /pəˈθɛtɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [puh-thet-ik] Show IPA
    Use pathetic in a Sentence
    –adjective 1. causing or evoking pity, sympathetic sadness, sorrow, etc.; pitiful; pitiable: a pathetic letter; a pathetic sight.
    2. affecting or moving the feelings.
    3. pertaining to or caused by the feelings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know when my father died [ 3 Answers ]

My father was Francoise Grillot. He and my mother had an affair, and they were never married. He died before I was born. All I know is that his mom's name was Maddame Suzzanne Grillot. I want a picture of him. I have never seen what he looks like. He lived in France. I don't know what part. Can...

Father died without a will or beneficiaries listed on IRA [ 12 Answers ]

Greetings All, I live in Florida and my father passed away a little over a month ago. He did not have a will. He was divorced and left behind an ex wife and 3 children. While reviewing his taxes and payroll stubs, we discovered that he had an Easy IRA. I tried to contact the person who handled...

Girlfriend left for two weeks in which my grandma died. [ 5 Answers ]

I was with an incredible woman who was everything I ever wanted, we started as friends and she wouldn't go out with me for 3 years... Finally I told her how I felt and how difficult it would be for me to just be friends, she surrendered after 3 years of chasing her and she was everything I dreamed...

My father just died with no will, where do I start? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died a few days ago of a suspected heart attack. So far there is no will that we know of. My main concern at this point is that my parents were divorced and my father had remarried a few years ago. My mother is in custody of my little sister and I just recently started taking care of my...

View more questions Search