Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cat66762 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 08:17 AM
    My son in limbo
    I was served with papers showing courts from North Carolina wishing to establish paternity on my son. I was served with divorce papers stating a child wasn't conceived in the marriage years ago. My ex-wife the mother; her rights were relinquished by the state for being suicidal or taking drugs. I need to know if there is a good possibility of being granted child custody rights, since I'm residing in *******, KS once paternity is established. What are the odds of taking custody of a child that resides in another state? To my understanding Grandma currently has temporary custody. PAPER WORKS IS AS FOLLOWS: This matter coming on for motion for review and permanency planning hearing and the court finds:
    1) ***** County Department of Social Services requested the petition filed in this matter be amended to add ***** ***** as a party in this action and that appropriate paternity testing be accomplished on the purported fathers.

2) Guardian ad Litem requested that a Guardian be appointed on behalf of respondent mother.

3) All parties agreed that this matter should be continued due to the appointment of Guardian for respondent mother.

THE COURT CONCLUDES that there is good cause for continuing this matter, amending the petition, and appointing a guardian for respondent mother.

IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED THAT:

1) This matter is continued to the two-day session of *date*, 2006.
    2) The petition is hereby amended to add ***** ***** as a party in this action and appropriate paternity testing be accomplished on purported fathers.
    3) That Attorney ***** ***** is appointed guardian on behalf of respondent mother.

*judge name*
    District Court Judge
    Any and all advise is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks

My son's name is ***** ***** so unfortunately doesn't have my last name.

**** Personal info removed by moderator ****
    The WB Posts: 78, Reputation: 6

Oct 19, 2006, 09:48 AM
    If you are found to be the father, you have a good chance of getting custody. If the grandmother has temp custody, you may not have to jump through as many hoops if you want custody. If you are the father and you don't want custody, they could possibly make you start paying child support to whom ever has custody. If the child was born while you were married, he/she may already have your last name making you the father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my Son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to find my son who I have not seen since he was 18 months old he is now 24 yrs old. How can I find him for free as I am disabled and on benefit? Please help Thanks Tyreburner

Our New Son [ 27 Answers ]

Noah Samuel Kohen, son of Chava (orange) and Alex Kohen Born April 28, 2006 at 2:46 pm 7 lbs, 9 ounces Thank you for the warm welcome and kind wishes. The c-section went well with no complications. Noah is a large healthy baby, despite toxemia and early delivery. My wife is...

My son is gone... now what? [ 15 Answers ]

My son, Tiponi passed away in Dec. 2004. My shield of numbness is gone from me. I feel alone on the subject of death as no one here will talk about it or my son, Tiponi. If I mention his name the subject is quickly changed. If I have a moment of crying because I miss him so... my boyfriend...

Son [ 1 Answers ]

I would be happy to help you. Check out my site! LoriAngelConnectio

View more questions Search