Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonelyrose Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 02:09 AM
    Whether he is meant for me or not?
    Hi,
    I am rose. I have been into a relation for the past one and half years. But many a times I feel that we are not meant for each other. I feel our expectations from each other are quite different. I am very expressive. Even if we fight I want it to get solved very fast. But he is the opposite. He will take time to get out of his anger. During that time, if I try to talk to him he will shout. After sometime he will start missing me and then everything will become fine. When he is with me he is very much loving and caring. But when he is not with me like if he goes to some other place, he gets busy in his own things. I feel that time he forgets me. I would be lonely without him and try to call or talk. He would be really busy and as he could not manage both the things at the same time he starts shouting at me. I feel bad and start fighting. For me, he is my priority. But for him I feel I am not. I always feel that he does not love me the same way I want. But I know that he loves me. We have planned to marry. But I am really scared thinking what would happen in the future. I do not know whether we could live our life happily. I know that I love him like anything and I express that and I do want that he also should love me and express it. Please help me out.

Rose
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 02:19 AM

Stop making this person your 1st priority. Your fist priority should be yourself. He sounds well rounded and you are not that is why you fight, because you have nothing else. Go out with some friends, get a hobby. If you don't relax you will lose him and everybody else you date.

Jul 25, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Yes I know.. I am so much dependent on him.. and that's why we fight so much.. but the problem is that I do not have many friends in this place where I live. And moreover I am a person who has 100% percent commitment while being in a relation.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 02:29 AM

Join a club, take a class, go to a gym. What you are doing is not healthy for you or this relationship.

Jul 25, 2009, 03:11 AM
    Hmm that's there.. I can get engaged in some activities.. but is that a solution? Our tastes are different.. I love to enjoy outside on a weekend.. he loves to be at home.. these all make me think we would have problems in future
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 05:56 AM
    I can get engaged in some activities.. but is that a solution?
    Do you work? What else do you do besides miss him? You do need a life besides him, as you can be committed to the relationship, and active on your own.

If you depend on his presence for your happiness, then you will not be happy nor fulfilled. You really do seem to have issues (fear of him leaving, insecurity, needy, clingy) that need to be addressed by you, as there seems to be no real communications
    So you can resolve your issues together, and really need to back up, and give him space to process his own thoughts, and feelings, as well as yours.

Your really pushing to hard for what you want, and not giving him what he needs, Relationships are a partnership, where both have to be willing to have honest communications, and be reasonable with expectations. You expect a lot from him, and that may not be fair, or realistic.

I love to enjoy outside on a weekend.. he loves to be at home..
    Sometimes you take a hike, sometimes you stay at home. Why can't you enjoy both??
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 07:53 AM

You are giving 100% while he gives what? Marriage shouldn't even be thought of at this point because your relationship isn't stable. Instead of focusing on the future you need to focus on the present and the both of you need to work on a solution for your problems.

He is probably gets mad because you put too much pressure on him and is leaning on him too much. Everybody needs space and time for themselve.

You don't have be with him 24/7. Get out and do things by yourself. If nothing don't get solve between the two of you this relationship won't last and will drown. So what changes are the two of you going make?

Jul 25, 2009, 12:11 PM

Yes whatever you people have written is absolutely true. Thanks for the answers. I am very clear now, as in I know where lies the problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meant to be or not? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there all, I'm a 20 year old male, going for my 3rd year at varsity. Not sure if I'm in the right catergory anyway... Theres this girl that's been studying with me since my first year, she is extremely attractive and intelligent, at first I never noticed her because I had a girlfriend at the...

What am I meant to do? [ 6 Answers ]

hey, my x and I have been broken up for about 7 months now (she broke up with me) and its been kind of confusing. Since then we have been on and off. Her saying she loves and so on. But can't be back together. To fill you in on some details a few of her friends have died this past year. I...

It meant nothing ! [ 13 Answers ]

Split up with a partner, together a while, but the time spent together meant nothing to her ! She said it had been fun while it lasted. Eh! Why deceive me... It was either just a bit of fun or more than that, she always pushed for marriage, how can that just be a bit of fun? Can't come to...

He's been meant to me [ 3 Answers ]

I need all the advice I can get. This guy I'm going to call nick is driving me insane. I love him and he doesn't even like me. He knows how I feel and doesn't seem to care. I have tried to talk to him about it but he has seemed kind of distant lately. So I don't know what to do. He is also being a...

View more questions Search