Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smeds090 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Homelite Bandit sx135 string trimmer piston ring-- where to buy?
    Where do I buy (1) piston ring for a single ring piston for a Homelite Bandit SX135, UT20601C, S/N HR1560468, 25cc 2 cycle string trimmer in the Portland Oregon area?
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jul 25, 2009, 05:29 AM
    Hi! smeds090, and welcome to AMHD :)

Here's a starting point:
    Homelite :: Service & Support

Here's 75 locations from 5 to 76miles from Portland:
    Homelite Locator

If the part is obsolete try Stens:
    Stens Locator

Stens is strictly Dealer only, that's why you won't see their name, until you get the parts bag.
    I did have Portland Org up, but it didn't save it. You'll have to type it in.

You could even search for part there.
    Just type in all you know and it'll take you to a breakdown of all the parts available for your trimmer.

I just did, and all I could get for HLight was the trimmer heads

My supplier likes it, that I come prepared. Sometimes he will have a better option.

K
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 05:50 AM

Hi,
    I will answer in as much as I can. First it turns out that the SX135 had two engines, but you say it is the 25cc. That must mean the ring stuck. Very picky engine as far as fuel quality and mixture went. Used to use a "trick" to unstick rings in that engine.
    At any rate you need a part #96935 and the dealer I could find with a good rating was Parkrose Mower. Family owned. Website is:
    http://parkrosemower.com/products.htm
    It is not listed as one of their main lines, but is listed. If you have a Sears parts and repair facility in the area (and I cannot imagine that you do not) then you could try them. They actually have more parts than most anyone; I can site examples of things that they alone have because of their purchase of certain business concerns.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homelite string trimmer problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Homelite TrimLite string trimmer that's three years old. It worked without any problem for more than a year, and, believe me, I put it to the test! However, after letting it sit without using it for maybe six months, I could not get it started again. There was a cracked fuel line from...

Homelite ut20556b string trimmer st-145 [ 2 Answers ]

Need info on homelite ut20556B string trimmer st-145---just purchased used trimmer. Would appreciate info on gas / oil mix ratio & string replacement info. Did not have a manual. Thank you.

Need mix ratio for homelite sx135 string trimmer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, we got a homelite sx 135 string trimmer but no manual. We were wondering if anyone can help us out with the ratio of the pre-mix? Also.. if anyone knows where to find the manual online that would be cool too... Thanks Ann

Homelite string trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, Please help... I have a petrol string trimmer, model homelite f2020. The problem is that in the 2 uses it has had, the string spool get jammed. i.e. I can not unscrew it to replace the string! It is now the second time it has happened what is going on with that, its so tight it is not...

Homelite String Trimmer Fuel Mix [ 1 Answers ]

I need to mix new 2 cycle fuel for my Homelite UT20760 Trimmer (curved). The operators manual is lost. Who knows the proper gasoline:oil ratio? (32:1, 40:1, 50:1, etc.) Yip :confused:

View more questions Search