Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rucdemored Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Subnetting see message below
    A subnet uses 10.10.10.0/24. The administrator is to reserve the highest Internet Protocol (IP) address on each subnet for the router interface. What (IP) address should the administrator assign to the router?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rucdemored View Post
    What (IP) address should the administrator assign to the router?
    If the administrator was in my employ, he should ignore the academic twit that made the rule and in keeping with the intent instead assign the address one less than the broadcast address of the subnet. Wikipedia: Subnetwork may be helpful.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 28, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rucdemored View Post
    a subnet uses 10.10.10.0/24. the administrator is to reserve the highest Internet Protocol (IP) address on each subnet for the router interface. What (IP) address should the administrator assign to the router?
    First answer this:
    In a 10.10.10.0/24 network, what is the broadcast address? What is the first available address? What is the last available address?

What is the difference between 10.10.0.0/16 and 10.10.10.0/24?

Lastly, the administrator can assign any address that they please so what would you use and why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Classless subnetting [ 4 Answers ]

My instructor requested that we surf the net and find the solution to how to create a classless subnet.

IP address subnetting [ 1 Answers ]

Hye:) Can you help me about subnetting of 10 computers

Classless subnetting [ 4 Answers ]

what is classless subnetting? is it similar to CIDR? can anyone help me? thanx!

Subnetting help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Please don't ask or expect us to do your homework assignments for you. Your instructor gave the assignment for YOU to do so you can learn from them. The answers to these questions should be in your texts or class notes. Or you could use the vast resources of the WEB to do your research. I suggest...

Subnetting for WAN [ 1 Answers ]

In a WAN situation can I have all routers (3 different cities) using Class B IP adds 10.x.x.x all servers at the 3 locations using Class B 10.x.xx.xx and work stations using class B 172.31.x.x but putting everything under the same subnet mask

View more questions Search