Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kml_in_cali Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Bleached my hair orange!
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING ADVICE. I need answers specific to my hair case. Thank you so much for your help.

I was stupid and used a box bleach kit to lighten my hair. When it turned orange, I figured I just hadn't bleach it enough, so I bought another bleach box kit, and bleached it again. It was then a lighter, but still orange color.
    [at this point, I finally did my homework and realized what many of you already know, that I should have gotten a developer and bleach, and finished with a toner after.]

In an effort to fix the orange, I did a blue based toner, which lightened my hair to yellowy orange, but did no big difference. So then I used a blue/violet based toner. After a few minutes, it started to turn my highlights and ends slightly blue/greyish, so I washed it out in a hurry before it could turn my head blue due to my hair's porousness.

However, my roots were STILL yellowy/orange. So I watered down the blue/violet toner solution a little, and reapplied it to ONLY my roots in an effort to tame them more. After fifteen minutes I saw no effect, so I washed it out and sulked.

Now I'm wondering if I should just get a silver or purple shampoo for brassiness and hope that works to rid my hair of the lingering yellow roots, or maybe bleach it again a little bit on the roots and THEN tone it? I would prefer a solution that doesn't dramatically lighten my hair, because it would look weird on my skin tone, but if bleaching is the only way to fix it, I'm willing to try it.

Thanks so much for your help.
    Ps. This took time over the space of the past two weeks, not all in one day or anything. And YES I am deep conditioning it between all these crazy colorings.

Pps. NO I'm not going to a colorist at the salon. I'm not willing to spend $100 more.
    almagmend0zer Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2009, 05:54 AM

So, the toner didn't work? It's probably because your hair isn't the right shade to tone it. In order for it to work you need to get it as yellow as you possibly can. I'd say go for one more bleach if your hair is up to it, but you should already know that it is really damaging. Go to a beauty supply store and ask a woman for help with your hair case and she should tell you which one to use. Afterwards you can buy a toner shampoo and/or conditioner. One I've heard worked really well is shimmer lights. It's violet based so it should slowly but surely lighten your hair. I'll give you a couple videos and a website that could help you. Don't forget to read reviews! :)

Sally Beauty Supply
    YouTube - How to take dark/black hair to platinum blonde!
    YouTube - How to bleach your hair (this one is kind of funny. :] )
    YouTube - bleaching hair platinum or white

I hope I helped. If you needa contact me, my email is [email protected]

Love alma.
    maemaze3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 05:02 AM
    Went to salon, NEVER had this problem in California salons in AZ. NOw hair stylest getting top of head to look orange. Can I fix it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleached black hair blonde--now orange--now what? [ 38 Answers ]

Hello all, I just used Clairol's Born Blonde Maxi lightener. I DID do a strand test and after the maximum time (I went 95 mins), my hair is blonde from the roots to about 3 inches down, and the rest is orange (looks like an orangatangue's fur! ) I've searched some sites and see some conflicting...

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

Dyed hair last night & now I have pumpkin orange what can I do to get the orange out [ 4 Answers ]

Dyed my hair last night and now have pumpkin orange hair how can I get the orange out?

I have bleached, damaged hair with yellow/orange tint [ 1 Answers ]

I have treated my hair with bleach and a high lift color. My hair is sooooo white with a yellow tone that I want to tone it down A LOT by adding a darker blonde toner. Will adding the toner to my already damaged hair damage it more? 20 hours ago - 1 week left to answer. Also, any ideas as to...

View more questions Search