Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:18 AM
    Emergency assistance?
    Hello.

A little background, my hsuband and I are behind the rent by 150$, and it is due at the end of this month which is, in a week. We are behind due to a miscommunication between my hsuband and I. some of you already know, he has some mental retardation, and as such sometimes we don't understand each other, and he has trouble making himself clear.

Basically, he told me the rent was due 'next payday' which means yesterday. However it was not. It was LAST payday. So now we are short due to late fees.

We are in phoenix Arizona. And I have located a couple emergency rental assistance programs, (including the DES office, which was the first place I went) but I was curious to know if anyone knew of any other places I may not have found.

Thank you very much.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Borrowing money from these types of organizations can end up costing you a fortune. I would suggest that you explore other options first.

Are you always on time with your rent? If so, then contact your landlord and explain that due to extenuating circumstances you were late this month and are having a hard time coming up with the late fee. There is a possibility that they will waive the late charge this one time.

Is their a friend or relative that you can borrow the money from? If so, make paying him or back your first priority.

Can you ask for an advance at work and have it taken out of your next paycheck? Or next two paychecks?

Is there something in your home that you can sell via Craigs List or Ebay to come up with some quick cash?

Is there a service you can provide to someone in your community that would make you some extra money? Babysitting, housework, yardwork, etc?
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:33 AM

Yeah we are always on time with rent. Unfortunately, the landlord is an apartment complex and its owned by a corperate office, and the manager said she was very sorry but she can't change the policy (or she would have)

I am in the process of asking friends and family for the money.

I do babysit, and I got paid for it, unfortunately that was 100$ (I am babysitting for her because she can't afford a lot of money either. Everyone seems to be so tight lately) but that 100 went to grocerys. Had I known we were so late on rent, I would have saved that grocery money and went to a food donation place instead.

Myhusband works for walmart, and unfortunately they don't do advances. They do have bonus' but we won't get another one until next month.

Thank you for your suggestions hon. I have even considered doing a payday advance, even though I have heard those places are 'shady' and the interest rates are high.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:46 AM

Thank you again so much for your help in this JJ, I have an AWESOMELY GREAT friend who is going to help by giving me the whole 150$. So thank god, and thank you for trying to help me find help. And sorry for saying help so much in 1 sentence :P

Lots of love
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:59 AM
    I'm so happy for you that you worked it out. Thank God for good friends!
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 11:06 AM

Amen! Its truly amazing how he can work in your life when you least expect it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hey .new here.and have a cat emergency.on the 4th [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... I was on Google searching for some aswers on the 4th... no one is open! Hoping to find some here... actually glad I found it. My cat had kittens (2) last night but I still feel she has more in her belly... she is still swollen and I can feel them either a hard lump or actually...

Emergency [ 2 Answers ]

Any one used Ht26 products before..? I want to go buy it and am not sure if it does really as it says.. and wheather it is safe enough to use on face without getting a reaction..?

Emergency 911 [ 7 Answers ]

Why do almost all the people on this site take things so seriously. I have looked at many different questions, and there are people, oh you do this, or that, or talk this way, or ask that, then you are no longer welcome here, or we will ban you. I mean, come on. Are you all grown ups, or trying to...

Emergency vet [ 8 Answers ]

My dog tore his toenail last night and the bleeding would not stop. After hours of course. I dialed the vet ( stored in my phone) and thank goodness they have the emergency vet hospitals number on the message. A qiuck drive over my baby was still bleeding pretty bad. They took him right in instead...

Cat emergency [ 4 Answers ]

OK my baby girl (my cat) had a kitten with a scab, we took her up to the vet and the vet cleaned it up and stitched it, no my baby girl (my cat) the mom of the kitten is getting scabs all over her front paw what could it be?? Help asap!!

View more questions Search