Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ValmorAS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Can I travel if I pay child support, probation installed, state of NJ?
    I live in state of NJ and I pay child support. Recenlty ex-wife changed metod of payment from voluntarily method to probationary method (automatic withdraw from the paycheck). I am also in arrears (when I was unemployed, turned out I was STILL SUPPOSED TO PAY SAME AMOUNT (? ), but I never missed a single payment (when I was unemployed I simply reduced the amount I pay).
    Can I travel abroud (visit my mother in another country)?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 02:32 PM

Do you have a passport ? How far in arrears are you ?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 03:21 PM
    I believe that if you are $5000 or more in arrears then your passport can be revoked. But if it hasn't been, as long as there are no outstanding warrants on you then you're free to travel.
    kiranbains Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 02:48 PM
    My husband is on probation can I take my kids away out of country without his permission
    kiranbains Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 02:51 PM
    I'm in canada because

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel out of Country while owing child support [ 5 Answers ]

My son is a convicted felon for drugs. He did his time and is off probation. He has been clean and sober for almost 10 years. We know he can get a passport to go on a family vacation cruise but he thinks because he still owes $6k in back child support they won't let him leave the Country. Is...

Child support in another state [ 5 Answers ]

I just received notice after 12yrs that I am due in to court in another state. I am the custodial parent. The non-custodial parent has put the request in. How convient. How could this happen. He hasn't paid a dime since she was born. How can I get out of this? I don't have the money resources to be...

Can I be sued for child support for a step child according to NY state law? [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have to pay child support for a step child according to NY state law? :(

NY State Child Support [ 1 Answers ]

Did NY State change the age of when child support is no longer obligated

Child support out of state [ 4 Answers ]

My ex wants to move out of state and take our son with her. What are my child support rights and do I have to pay an increase of living in the state that she lives in or mine? I live in Minnesota and she wants to move to the west coast.

View more questions Search