Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dancht Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 03:05 AM
    Solar Energy passteurizing Eguipment
    Hi There
    My Name is Godfrey Daniel {Last name removed} from Kenya. I am an entrepreneurs in Dairy industry milk and milk produce. I have invented an equipment which can use Solar energy to pasteurizer milk and subsequent cooling, which is very crucial in milk preparation.
    I am looking for finance to help me to manufacture the equipment and put it into use. So kindly advice me how I can access funding.

Yours faith full
    Godfrey D {Last name removed}
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2009, 04:50 AM

Putting personal info on the Net is not a good idea.

Frankly, I don't understand what you have invented. Solar energy involves collecting the energy using solar panels and then the panels convert that to electricity. Your milk processing equipment simply uses that electricity. The panels include the equipment to convert the solar energy to electricity.

Jul 24, 2009, 06:45 AM

Well, Mr ScottGem,

You are right, but not absolutely. My invention actual does not inocoperate electricity. It purely relies on hot water system. Major point is how to heat water, and then to transfer water to a stainless container which to hold milk, and it will have heat exchanger, which transfer heat to milk, and the water is pumped back to the solar panel to be re heated. May be it may not an innovation as such but it will go a big step to cut either fire wood which I have been using altogether.
    I stand to be corrected.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jul 31, 2009, 04:21 PM

What would you do on the cloudy days, your animals still producing milk.I think you idea of heating/cooling with radiant heat is not new. Before you manufacture the equipment, it need to be tested and verified by authority

Aug 1, 2009, 07:03 AM

Thanks for your comment, The idea here is to use renewable energy to pasteurize milk. On a cloudy day, I simply turn to Biogas, which is another renewable energy. True, I am consulting authority for the same, but I believe they will just confirm my invention, and further more it is not radiant heat as such, the thing is use of hot water to heat milk. As long as water reaches 90 degrees, I will attain my objective. By the way, currently I am using hot water to pasteurize milk, and I use fire wood to heat water. What I am trying to do is to eliminate use of fire wood, for environment factor

Aug 1, 2009, 01:48 PM

Sorry, I thought your original post said it was solar energy. Most(ALL) of the heat from the sun is radiant heat. I wonder , without electricity,how doyou keep you milk cold or pump your water or milk ?
    asaadrehman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 04:19 AM

How milk pasteurization please
    asaadrehman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 04:20 AM
    How solar milk pasteurization please

Aug 6, 2009, 06:50 AM

Well, while I use hot water to pasteurize milk, and to cool I use chilled water. Major component is a heater exchanger. It can serve all purpose.

Aug 6, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dancht View Post
    Well, while i use hot water to pasteurize milk, and to cool i use chilled water. Major component is a heater exchanger. it can serve all purpose.
    How do you chill the water without electricity? The heat exchanger only isolating the two liquids, it doesnot turn them hot or cold by itself

Aug 7, 2009, 08:27 AM

Well. Its true heat exchanger only isolate the liquid, so at least I believe you agree with that, you can use solar energy(sun) to heat milk. True, at one point I will use electricity to pump heated/chilled water through heat exchanger. Now if you take a metal container, and you make a wire mesh around it creating a jacket between the container and wire mesh. Fill the space in between with charcoal, put water in the container, and you springle water on charcoal around the container. Expose the container on the atmospheric wind. You got chilled water.

Aug 7, 2009, 05:18 PM

What happen when you don't have wind or you have high humidity . Will you animals stop producing milk ? How low of the temp did you get with this process ? It not new. It is better if you just retrofit a generator to run with your biofueld and buy some solar cells

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar panels and an energy bill? [ 3 Answers ]

I thought that solar energy was supposed to be free... Am I reading incorrectly or is there really still an energy bill every month? And if so, why?? It makes no sense that they should get money for some energy they didn't make, I mean the panels themselves are expensive enough.

Solar panel energy efficiency [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... Would anyone tell me about solar panel energy efficiency? And why it still uncommon?

What Happens To The Solar Energy On A Black Surface? [ 3 Answers ]

I was reading an article on scientists that discovered the blackest substance know to man. Scientists Invent Blackest Black I thought this type of substance would be great for using in a solar cell. Then I started to think about what it means it be black. The substance, carbon nanotubes, absorb...

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

View more questions Search