Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craiglouis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 08:40 PM
    PC keeps turning off
    My brothers PC keeps turning itself off after a few seconds, he cleaned out the dust and changed the psu.. whats the deal?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 07:30 AM

Are all the fans working?

This usually would indicate that the processor is over heating
    craiglouis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 08:08 AM

Yea the fans are working,the unit is completely dust free, new more powerful psu...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 08:28 AM

Did the problem only happen after installing psu?
    whatwhere Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 02:07 PM

I would go for a more better cooling fan for the CPU... it's always better to go above the CPU'S GHZ when adding a cooling fan/system.
    For example if the CPU is 3.3 GHZ I would get a cpu cooler that will go up to 4.0 GHZ, though it's easy to install a liquid coolant system as they are more better.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 14, 2009, 06:23 AM
    A bad power switch or motherboard can also lead to this behavior. Processor overheating normally results in a lockup, reboot, or instant processor failure. Recent processors will also throttle their clock rate to avoid overheating in the event of reduced fan/heatsink performance or failure.

When the computer is booted cold after sitting overnight, how far does the boot process get before the machine shuts off?
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Sep 14, 2009, 07:58 AM

There might be a temperature readout somewhere in BIOS.
    If you can get that far.
    Hit delete on boot then look around.

The temperatures should be <60 with no load like in BIOS.

How knowledgeable are you.
    Does it get to loading windows/OS?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler 3 knob shower faucet keeps turning and turning on the hot water. [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 3 knob Kohler shower faucet in my bathroom. The hot water keeps turning and turning and doesn't stop. The water does turn on and off but it also keeps dripping. I have to play with it in order to prevent it from dripping as much as possible. How can I fix this? It is an older type Kohler...

My shower faucet keeps turning and turning. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my shower faucet has to be almost entirely turned around before it comes on. This just happened today. . Only the cold water.. is that a bad valve er something? Thank you in advance:(

Am I turning gay [ 17 Answers ]

I love my wife but lately have become obsessed with gay bondage. I look at it every chance I get and get off to it. I don't really desire my wife, but I don't really want a man, I just really get off on the idea of being bound and gagged and forced to submit to a guy, regardless of what it entails....

How to fix sillcock valve that keeps turning and turning [ 5 Answers ]

Hi , I have searched high and low but can not seem to find anything related to my own problem. I have a sillcok valve that just can not be shut off and with winter coming I am starting to think I will need a plumber but wanted to try myself first. I removed the screw that holds the tap and...

Tv keeps turning itself off [ 1 Answers ]

I hope I am in the right forum.:rolleyes: My TV clicks off as soon as you turm it on. It has been gradually leading up to this. Originally it would turn it self back on when you turned it off. If I waited a bit and tried again it would behave. Now it seems something is stuck and it just...

View more questions Search