Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamko1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Server blocking laptop
    I have a sever attached to an at and t modum and I get internet When I try my wirless laptops I get local acess only. If I unplug the server I can get access and internet on my lap tops, It is my guess that the server is blocking the laptops from getting internet, I have a static ip address. Any idea how to fix this so I can get internet on my laptop without unpluging the server?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Change the laptop to automatically get an IP. Or change the DHCP address range to make sure it includes the static IP.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 28, 2009, 04:10 PM

Does your server have a DHCP server running on it?
    bamko1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Yes,

However I had a teck work out the problem as it was above me. Thanks for your help though.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 29, 2009, 12:36 PM

Your server DHCP Scope Options probably was not configured to hand out the proper IP address for the gateway and also was likely not also setup for the DNS servers for your ISP. You can use local DNS but your local DNS server has to be setup to forward all non-local domain requests to your ISP DNS servers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

Server 2003 use as a router and connect susulinux server [ 1 Answers ]

I have configure suselinux 10.0 webserver with two nic one ip:192.168.1.3 sub:255.255.255.0 And another is 10.10.1.3 sub:255.0.0.0 and primary dns server(suselinux 10.0) 192.168.1.2 sub :255.255.255.0 and secong dns server(suselinux 10.0) with differenet ip:10.10.1.5 and sub:255.0.0.0 Now one...

How to make Cleints server from Main server? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having Internet connection at one computer and I want to share the internet with other computers. Will that is possible the same connection is used with other 4 to 5 computers or at least one computer.

Blocking a Website while on a proxy Server [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to block an individual website when someone is accessing it through a proxy server? I already have HOSTS files setup but they don't work when the computer is going through the proxy server. Thanks!- clara

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

View more questions Search