Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marin11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 05:07 PM
    How to avoid lien on new house? CA
    I'm paying support to a child I have no contact with. (sperm donation gone awfully bad because mother didn't keep her promises) An "abstract notice of support judgement" is recorded against me, and a lien was placed on my house without my notice. I have since sold the house, and I owe no arrears.

Will another lien be slapped on my title if I purchase another house?:mad::mad::mad:

Is there a way to avoid a lien?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 07:32 PM

Do you owe arrears at this time ? Was there a lawyer used for your divorce / custody / support hearings ? Many lawyers slap it on in automatic fashion even if your not in arrears so since you cleared it with the last home and if your current with support now then its not likely they will but they can at any time so long as you owe child support.

Jul 24, 2009, 08:50 AM
    I am , and has been, current on my payments. As far as I understand your answer the county will be able to place a lien on my property for no reason whatsoever.

What if the house is owned by a trust?
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marin11 View Post
    I am , and has been, current on my payments. As far as I understand your answer the county will be able to place a lien on my property for no reason whatsoever.

What if the house is owned by a trust?
    Its not that they will.. Im saying that they can. Its not for " no reason whatsoever " its because of child support. The fact is that until the child is 18 you owe child support and that is the logic they can use to put a lien on. In some places its an almost automatic thing.

It means nothing so long as your current.

With respect to the trust type of ownership. What type of trust were you thinking about ?

Jul 24, 2009, 03:36 PM
    A family trust.
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 03:53 PM

Are you the one who will be heading the trust ? If so then they still may be able to because of your stake in the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deadbeat father signs over property rights to avoid having a child support lien [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, the father of my children (2) has not paid anything in over two years in owes almost $12,000 for a 4 and a 6 year old, at $170 per month per child. About just over two years ago, his mother died and left him and his brother and sister so much money through a checking accounty child support...

Lien on a House [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is the exact procedure to put a lien on a house in Toronto, On, Canada? Thanks in advance! :)

Avoid my dog peeing and pooping in the house. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 8-9 months older (MALE).He is very active and friendly with us the only problem is he is peeing and pooping in house and is making dirty so " How can i avoid this and how can i teach my dog to peep and poop outside the house by obeying my order?" .So please send me the answer for the...

How do I put a lien on a house? [ 3 Answers ]

We were purchasing a house from a friend, on a verbal land contract, we have 2 signed & notarized affidavits stating that they witnessed the agreement that took place between us. This friend quit paying the mortgage company, and it is presently in foreclosure. She has also filed bankruptcy against...

View more questions Search