Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theciscokid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 09:44 PM
    Fitting Upstairs Toilet
    I currently have a downstairs toilet only, the waste outlet on this goes directly into the floor.
    I need to fit an upstairs toilet. Can I plumb the waste outlet into the current stack pipe which services waste from the bath & sink?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Oct 18, 2006, 11:53 PM
    It sounds like you would like to drain the upstairs toilet directly into the vertical vent pipe. That will not work well. If you are going to pull a permit the inspector will usually help you plan what you are doing or at least he will tell you if your plans are right or not. So, the best thing for you to do is get a diagram of what you want to do and alter it so that it reflects your own project and then ask the inspector if he will pass those plans. I will save you some time and give you something to work on or at least give you an idea for you to consider. Check this page out. http://www.plumbinglessons.com/2/2toilets.JPG
    If the image comes up small just roll your cursor over the page rather slow until the enlarge arrows appear in the lower right hand corner of the page.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips on copper compression fitting? [ 11 Answers ]

My problem is whenever I work with coppoer compression fittings, I never seem to get a good seal and something always leaks. Are there any tips on how to do it right? Should I use a hack saw verse my Reciprocating Saw to cut the tube? (SLow vs Fast). I know the cut has to be straight, then...

Toilet bowl not emptying in upstairs bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet in my upstairs bathroom is not emptying completely. If flushes, but not all the water exists. It's sporadic; sometimes it flushes okay, sometimes not. Maybe once out of every 5 flushes it flushes completely where all the water evacuates the bowl. I have a basement toilet and first...

Malleable/Best-fitting Outlet Covers [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All! Would anyone be able to give me some tips/ideas/suggestions on some different types of outlet covers that work well with "rough pine log" surfaces. I have @ 20 different outlets/switches boxed within logs for a new log home and looking for some suggestions on some founded ways of dealing...

Leaded fitting in shower [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing a shower.. the old pan drain is leaded to the drain pipe. How do I remove the lead? What is the easiest way to proceed? Can I do this myself, or do I need a plumber? Thanks for your help.

Can someone please identify this PVC fitting [ 3 Answers ]

Attached (I hope) is a picture of a fitting I am trying to identify. This fitting joins my PVC washing machine drain pipe to my copper soil pipe. I would like to know what it is called so I can buy another one without sounding like an idiot to the sales folks. Also, I am looking for application...

View more questions Search