Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magnus1136 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Flashback or dejavu
    Hi
    I'm a 12 year old boy
    Sometimes I experience things, that I've seen before.
    I don't know where, its like a dejavu, but I have never seen it happen before
    Its just small things like my brother says something to me, and I had a sort of short dream about that yesterday
    What is this?:eek:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:04 AM

That would be de javu
    Flashbacks or things you did do that flash back in your mind like they are reoccuring in your mind over again.

De javu is more like you described,
    I do think a lot of de javu does come from premonition dreams that we usually do not remember
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1136 View Post
    sometimes i experience things, that ive seen before.
    i dont know where, its like a dejavu, but i have never seen it happen before
    Okay, I'm confused.
    Is this stuff you have seen before, or you have not seen before?

Either way, I'm not sure what the technical term for it is, but I'd call it déjà vu anyway. I've had similar experience. It was stuff in my life happening, stuff that I had never seen before, and I was seeing it as if I just watched it in a movie...
    The way I saw it, there was a greenish tint on things, and my view was always over me and a little to the left, where I could see the top/side of my head and my left shoulder.
    Anyway, this all stopped the night I had a house fire. I always envisioned that somehow I was supposed to be warned about it... (it was kind of my fault, but not really)... but apparently I didn't get the hint, lol.

Anyway, if you're anything like me, some dramatic event will occur in your live, and then it will stop.

Good Luck! :D

PS: Sorry if my story made you worry more... not it's intended purpose, just realized that after proofreading. :o:rolleyes:
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 01:08 AM

I believe you are experiencing a Déjà vu.

I have those.... a lot.

Here is a Wikipeida definition:

Déjà vu: "already seen"; also called paramnesia, from Greek παρα "para," "near" + μνήμη "mnēmē," "memory" or promnesia, is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past), although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book "L'Avenir des sciences psychiques" ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," or "weirdness." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience "genuinely happened" in the past.

See here for more info : Déjà vu: Wikipedia

Sarah
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 01:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Déjà vu
    Ooh, look at us, all fancy with our accented letters and such! Lol

Jul 31, 2009, 03:27 AM

The problem is that I see things that I've never seen before... I dream about things and then see them in real world?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:11 AM

0h that is premonition dreams
    Where you see things before they happen.
    THEN it feels like de ja vu because you already saw it happening before in your dream
    Strange-chicken Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2009, 03:18 PM

Déjà vu is a simple phenomenon which happens regularly to people all over the world.. I can't give a detailed explanation because I don't remember it but as best I can describe it is you mind has registered that something has happened but take a split second to relay the information to you and so you feel as though something that you see has happened before but it hasn't .

Oct 19, 2009, 06:46 AM

Oh, I now see that I made a mistake in my first post. I meant that yesterday I dreamt about my brother told me something, and then he says the same thing to me today.
    Its not a déjà vu, its more like a vision of the future?
    kaalvoetkind Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Oct 28, 2009, 01:55 AM

This is probably personal and a bit unrelated/ specific BUT- did it feel like dejavu in your dream? Did you remember your dream, or did you only remmeber when your brother said something?

Oct 29, 2009, 06:28 AM

I remember myself dreaming, and then the next day or a few days later the exact thing that I dreamed shows in real life
    brightcookie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 03:35 PM

I have heard that people will dream about things happening before things happen so they will be prepared and not get freaked out. And that youngsters practice it a lot before they need it, so they will get good at it.

Any thoughts on that?
    kaalvoetkind Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2009, 03:22 AM

I get déjà vu in my dreams and then when the thing I dreamed about happens in real life I remember the dream... initially it really freaked me out and I started arguing with myself in my "dream" state pointing out how unlikely it is that the déjà vu will become real but somehow it always does... I've dreamed about test questions, driving to a certain place, paragraphs out of a book, conversations with people... they are all completely "normal" everyday occurrences.

I wish I could explain it but I can't. The fact that I don't really remember the dream till it becomes relevant doesn't really help either.

It started when I was thirteen and I'm almost 20 now, and it hasn't helped and as long as I don't worry about it, it doesn't cause any problems.

When I recognise those strange moments I just think that my life is on the path it was supposed to be and so the déjà vu dreams are like my personal check list

Good luck
    brightcookie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 09:39 AM
    I wrote out a lenghty thing and erased it.

You know what? Stop falling for the "weird" lable. There are millions of us who do what you are doing. It's not weird.

You are not expected - by us - to do anything great. You are part of us, so you are great.

If you guys hold the scientific community in such high esteem, why don't you become a part of it? We take what is scientific and beat each other up with their findings. We are on the outside. What do they think?

Could there be a reason they are trying to prove that it is possible to skip around in time? Why are they bothering? To prove we are idiots, or to prove that they aren't?

I'm just saying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search