Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 06:01 AM
    To all the guys who are "AFRAID" of talking to girls!
    It is always a good reminder as we dudes go out into the dating world, from whatever age, to remember one key thing: Looks are 30% of the entire process, the rest is you... who you are, how you handle yourself and most importantly, how you present yourself. There are always a TON of questions on how to talk to a girl or what you should say, so read below the key to actually reading into a girl's mind, so to speak:

A Helpful Tip:
    Good looks may get your noticed, but confidence gets you in the door. Simple process here. Being a guy, almost ANY girl will be attracted to a guy who is confident in himself. If you are a guy, follow my advice to getting yourself a "date" with a female you are attracted to:

Walk up to them, BS with them and then ask for their number. Regardless of their answer, make sure you act like it didn't bother you at all. Their answer and their reaction should have ZERO effect on you one way or another. The key is to ensure that they know you can live with or without them! Maintain the attitude that you couldn't care less whether they gave their number to you... You make sure you keep it short and sweet, the less the better my friend!

Confidence 101... for more tips, let me know, but I PROMISE you confidence is the key to dating, not being good looking. Girls want a guy who is confident of himself (not cocky) and isn't tripping over his own tongue around them. This is for ALL ages. Girls KNOW that for better or worse, a lot of guys are afraid of them. So, being the proactive guy who is confident and sure of himself, no matter the age, makes you look really good.

Never fear rejection!! Fear of rejection is worse than to actually be rejected.

Now I can promise you if you take this approach to talking and approaching women, you will have eventual success, and a lot of it if you wish. The more you have, the higher your confidence becomes. But be reminded that there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and no self respecting woman wants an arrogant guy around them. Lastly, I am not saying that you need to portray someone you aren't, all I am saying is be confident in who YOU are, no matter what, and roll with it. Don't try to be someone else, be YOU, and be the YOU that you are proud of. I have been on several dates before, but believe me when I tell you I have been rejected more than I have been "accepted" so I know what it is like to be turned down.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 07:57 AM
    It definitely works for you kc. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    It definately works for you kc. ;)
    60% of the time it works all the time... :D
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 07:58 AM

If only this were up a long time ago, I might have been a few places. Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    60% of the time it works all the time...:D
    That doesn't make sense
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    That doesn't make since
    Glad I wasn't the only one wondering... Math must not be kc's thing... 60% = 100% ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one wondering... Math must not be kc's thing... 60% = 100% ;)
    Actually it does make sense to me. Lol

Fantana: They have done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ron Burgandy: That doesn't make sense
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 08:03 AM

It is a freaking quote from the movie "Anchorman."
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Never even heard of it...
    I live under a rock. Sorry. :(
    Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    It is a freaking quote from the movie "Anchorman."
    Hey now, if you look above you last post I explained that. I got it and appreciated the humor
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

That doesn't make sense
    Sex panther. 60% of the time it works every time. Watch Anchorman. Lol
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 08:20 AM
    adam_89 agrees: No, I got it, I was just playing the part there. Haha. Nobody seemed to get that one. what I said was burgandy's response to fantana so in a sense I was burgandy and KC was Fantana
    I figured that out eventually. Lol
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 12:25 AM

Nice thread KC.

Can I throw in a tip?
    Don't say babe, ma, hunnie, sweetie, "sup gurl"...
    Don't lick your lips either.

I don't like it. It makes you look like a douche bag.

At least I think so

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Nice thread KC.

Can I throw in a tip?
    Don't say babe, ma, hunnie, sweetie, "sup gurl"....
    Don't lick your lips either.

I don't like it. It makes you look like a douche bag.

At least I think so

Sarah
    I was hoping that all the d-bag behavior doesn't need to be talked about. I would think that most guys should know better than to act like that. I could start a whole thread about what girls get turned off by, starting with the comments you listed above... some guys have no hope thought Muddy. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 06:30 AM

Cal823, Anchorman is a movie with Will Ferrell in it. I recommend seeing it. Very funny. Well for some, some might just say it is very dumb.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 06:31 AM

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 30, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Someone should start a thread and title it, people you should never date, and why it will end in failure. Examples being, the suddenly unavailable guy, the confused and helpless girl, the one who us using you. And make a giant list for people to add to.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 11:05 AM

For some reason this whole confidence thing reminded me of a family guy episode [maybe it's your avi KC].

Anyway...

It's the episode where Stewie wants to start seeing Olivia and she denies him.

One night Quagmire has his usual sexual adventures and Stewie just happens to be by his door or window and sees:

(A naked woman covering herself with a bed sheet runs out onto Quagmire's lawn; Quagmire stands in the doorway in his underwear)
    Woman: I am not doing that Glen!
    Quagmire: Oh, come on beautiful, keep an open mind.
    Woman: You're a sick man!
    Quagmire: Hey! Keep it down, I don't want my neighbors seeing a fat, old, dirty whore screaming at me on my front lawn.
    Woman: Whore? Well maybe I should come inside.
    Quagmire: Well maybe you should.

Thus, learns Stewie how to "be a man". Follows Quagmire and does the same to Olivia and finally gets that date.

Stewie: Hey babe, what do you say, we goin' out Saturday night?
    Olivia: Stewie, what are you doing here? I told you, I'm just into a different type of guy.
    Stewie: Oh yeah? I'll tell you what you're into. Bein' ugly.
    Olivia: (hurt) Stewie, you're being mean.
    Stewie: No, if I was being mean, when you opened the door, I would have said "Oh, Hey Ray Liotta, is Olivia home? Oh wait, you're Olivia". You see, I thought you were Ray Liotta, because your skin has the texture of a decorative autumn squash. (Olivia starts crying) So, I'll pick you up at seven?
    Olivia: (while crying) That sounds wonderful.

-haha

Sarah
    perplexed1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2009, 08:27 PM
    That doesn't make sense
    It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good

Also, I completely agree. Confidence is worth more than its weight in gold. Looks get you noticed, but confidence makes them remember you.
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Aug 5, 2009, 03:54 AM

I'm just going to chuck something in randomly

confidence works but I think its cute when a guy trips over his tongue :S

maybe that's just me haha but it shows that he's into you... if he wasn't affected by my reaction to anything or however you put it, I would think he just wanted a screw :S

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

One for the Girls (Although I betcha some of "Yous Guys" will read it!) [ 16 Answers ]

Worth reading to the end... My mother was a fanatic about public restrooms. When I was a little girl, she'd take me into the stall, show me how to wad up toilet paper and wipe the seat. Then she'd carefully lay strips of toilet paper to cover the seat. Finally, she'd instruct, "Never, NEVER sit...

Cat driving me crazy with her "talking" [ 6 Answers ]

I really hope somebody here can help me. My family is going crazy from lack of sleep! It's my 8 yr. old cat. All right - she has always been an indoor cat. No matter how hard she tries to be an outside cat. :p She's the kind of cat who will also tear your house apart with her claws if you leave her...

"Best Friend" talking SMACK about me [ 3 Answers ]

My best friend (we'll call her "Kacie") accidentally saved her Myspace password on my computer from the last time she was here, so out of curiousity, I logged in and read something I was probably NEVER meant to read. This is a message she sent to her good male friend, who's girlfriend has not liked...

Song and female artist about "broken" or "broken girls" [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the song and female artist about "broken" or "broken girls". I think it was either on "Dexter" or "Dirt" in the background music

90s talking plastic "yule log" [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to find any info on a toy that was in WalMart in the mid 90s. It was a talking "yule log" toy that had a name and when you pressed the button, it had different phrases like "you're makin me sappy...." Any ideas? Thanks!

View more questions Search