Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big jake Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 06:36 PM
    Uplush toilet problems
    I am working on an upflush toilet system in a retail setting. There is two lavs and two toilets going into this tank. It is always clogging near the input to the tank- like every two days. When I snake the line I always release the blockage but cannot pull out anything to tell me what the blockage was. Does this sound like and installation or incorrect system problem. We are the first to use this system and it gets plenty of use from a mostly female clientle. (we posted a sign regarding not flushing feminine product, paper towels and the like) apprechiate your help.

big jake
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Oct 19, 2006, 12:02 AM
    If you can contact the manufacturer he can probably trouble shoot it for you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2006, 05:05 PM
    Hi Jake,

The holding tank MUST have its own dedicated vent out the roof and the bathroom groups must be vented back to the house system. Check the vents and get back to me. If you're not corrected vented on the holding tank there will bhe back pressure that impedes the flow. Also if you have a elbo on the inlet line going into the holding tank that could slow the discharge down and perhaps allow it to build up but I would check the vents first. Good luck, Tom
    big jake Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Thanks for the help Speedball!
    Let me get this straight. The holding tank must have a dedicated vent througth the roof and the lavs and toilets should be vented through the house venting lines-seperate from the dedicated holding tank line. If they are not separated and are vented together, this will create back pressure? Is this right.
    Jake
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Right! The reason for the dedicated vent is that the holding tank not only pulls air in like a house vent but when you flush or drain the discharge entering the holding tank pushes air OUT the vent so the tank "breaths" both ways. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet problems [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet when flushing fills almost to the top and slowly goes down not flushing properly. I have tried replacing the toilet and had a plumber in to snake the lines but nothing seems to work. Also when they washer on the opposite side of the wall is draining, the toilet bubbles. My home is 30...

Toilet flange problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and when I pulled the old tile up there was 3/4 inch plywood underneath. I didn't put the plywood back down and now the flange is about 1 inch above the tile. I have a slab floor and am unsure of why the flange was set high to start with. The area around the flange is...

Toilet Flush Problems [ 1 Answers ]

This just happened last night. Someone in my household used the upstairs toilet, and it clogged badly. When I got home last night I used the plunger for about an hour to try to clear the clog. I got it to the point where the water in the bowl drained, but very, very, slowly. This morning, the...

Toilet Problems, Please Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a two year old home in October and twice now I have had problems with the toilets not flushing. This morning when it happened both showers in the house were in use, and I could hear the toilet in my room making noise (bubbling?). When I got out of the shower I went to the toilet...

Problems with toilet flange [ 15 Answers ]

The problem I'm having is I'm installing a new toilet. Im also raised the floor 1/4" and have new tile down. i installed the new toilet flange to the soil pipe and then the toilet. The problem is when you flush it leaks (i can see the leak from downstairs) from where the toilet flange goes over the...

View more questions Search