Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Savings Bond
    My husband and I forgot about a savings bond we got for our wedding. We don't necessarily want to cash it yet, but we were wondering if there's a way to find out how much it's worth.

It's a series EE and it's $1000 issued in December 1999. At least that's what I think. I know it says that interest ceases at 30 years but it's only 10 years old.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 02:37 PM

The bond's current value is $718.00

The US Treasury has a Savings Bond calculator on line:

Individual - Savings Bond Calculator
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 02:40 PM

I just found that too! Thanks for your help though. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Savings Bond [ 5 Answers ]

If I bought a $500 US Savings bond for 1 year, how much money would I make?

Savings Bond payroll deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Can payroll deductions for United States Savings Bonds qualify as a pre-tax benefit to reduce income tax liability

Are s.s. Savings bond tax exempt through living trust [ 2 Answers ]

I received some u.s. savings bonds through my mothers living trust are they tax exempt since they were part of the estate that was exempt from taxes? The bonds are very old and most of the value is in the interest.

How to report Illinois College Savings Bond [ 4 Answers ]

I purchase an Illinois College Savings Bond for my 20 year old son when he was born. IT is a zero-coupon bond from the State of Illinois that is federally and state tax exempt. I received a 1099-B for it when I redeemed it in 2007. I have looked everywhere on the IRS site and the State of IL...

US Savings Bond Questions [ 5 Answers ]

I actually have two questions: 1. My elderly grandmother and uncle (her son) have a joint checking account. Uncle passed away suddenly - no will - no children or wife - no estate - no probate. Almost a year later we found some savings bonds in his name (and his deceased wife of 10 yrs ago) on...

View more questions Search