Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allie04694 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 08:46 AM
    2 inches difference in water depth in one area?
    I just puchased a pool from walmart. 24x24 with steel polls but with 20 gauge liner, my question is we put about 3 to 4 inches of water in the pool last night and this morning I noticed that there is about 2 inches more on one side is that going to make the pool cave in when there is more water put in it or is that not enough to make that much of a difference could someone please let me know their thoughts on this because we have no clue this is the first pool we have ever put up, it is level all the way except for in the one small area and it is 2 inches max. ( deeper than the rest) any thoughts? I have 3 kids waiting to swim but would rather drain it now before it gets any fuller... thanks allie
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 09:58 AM

Your ground is not perfectly horizontal and I would stop filling right now. I need to know more about brand and model, plus 24x24 tells me nothing. Can you post a picture or brand/model?
    reid01 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 09:39 AM
    I once had an above ground pool that was 18 ft across and 4 ft deep. One side of the pool was about 4 inches lower than the other. I had the pool for 8 years and never had a problem other than being abe to see it was uneven. My answer is to fill it and swim.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 09:43 AM
    You should drain it now, and level the site first, before it fills anymore.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 10:10 AM

Not all above ground pools are the same. A rigid walled pool may be able to handle the uneven stress but a soft wall pool will bow and possible blowout. Leveling is the very first step and should not have been over looked.
    TGMcCallie Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2009, 05:41 PM

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Drain the pool now while you have not wasted too much water, level the ground and re-install your pool and fill it.
    Enjoy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

Loss of hot water pressure in 1 area [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this site & I hope someone can help me out! I've lot hot water pressure in my main shower. The pressure in the rest of the house is normal. The water was shut off a few days ago to have a toilet & shut-off valves installed. There don't seem to be any leaks. Any ideas? Thanks

Maytag Plus Refrigerator: Water in Bin area. [ 3 Answers ]

Model MTF2456AE Top Freezer type: I have already flushed the drain line in the freezer section. There is still water in the bin area. I was hoping someone might be able to give me something to try next. I guess the next step is the refrigerator section... could someone please help? There...

Converting inches to meters to find area [ 1 Answers ]

(a) A standard sheet of paper measures 8.5 by 13 inches. Find the area of one such sheet of paper in m. (b) A second sheet of paper is half as long and half as wide as the one described in part (a). By what factor is its area less than the area found in part (a)? ANY help would be amazing....

View more questions Search