Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robie429 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 06:45 PM
    As a Co-signer am I still resposible?
    I co signed a 12 month lease for a friend. He failed to pay his rent the later portion of the lease. So I was hit up for it. I mailed them the payment covering till the end of the 12 months. I then received a letter from them stating that I needed to give a 60 day notice that I am going to vacate the premises otherwise I will be responsible for the rent through the 60 days. I mailed them the check at the beginning of July and I got a response saying that they received my payment and that since I did not mail them the notice on a certain date, then they will acknowledge my letter as of the 31th of July and I'm still responsible for 60days after the 31st of July 2009. I don't understand how that can be when I mailed them a letter at the beginning of August. I think I'm being Bamboozled! :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 06:51 PM

When he failed to pay, did they evict ?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 06:07 PM

Do you have a copy of the lease, the one you signed. Does it have any verbage regarding automatic renewal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

God was resposible for the Big Bang. Do you believ it? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is an article about God's creation starting with the Big Bang and on scientists who believe that. Very interesting... Do you believe it? If so why? If not why not? AwakenGeneration.com | Be Fueled | Big Bang Evidence for God :)Peace and kindness,:) Fred

Can co-signer take car? [ 12 Answers ]

I live with the person who co-signed on my car, on the title of the car and on the loan I had to take out to get it. I want to move out. They said, if I go, the car has to stay because they co-signed. Legally, if I just leave with the car, can they do anything to take it?

Who resposible for payment of rental [ 13 Answers ]

I rented a car for my niece in 04 she was struck by a hit and run driver now the rental agency wants me to pay for it even thou she was listed as an authorized driver I wasn't in the vehicle at the time of the crash isn't she resposible or at least partly tell me what I can do we live in south...

Me and co-signer [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question. I recently got an auto-loan with my friend co-signed for me, since my credit wasn't good enough to get a regular loan. Supposedly, I was in the prime and my friend is co-signer... which I don't really understand what they meant by me being prime... Anyway, I have no...

Getting out of being a co-signer [ 6 Answers ]

My wife has co-signed for a friend of 15+ years and just had a falling out. What can WE do to get my wife off the rental agreement. Oh, BTW, her friend would not have been able to get this apartment had it not been for my wife co-signing for her. Please help.

View more questions Search