Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedonkilluminati6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2003, 05:42 PM
    Which barrell?
    I own a tippmann 98 custom and currently have a smart parts progressive barrell. It's a good barrell but I want something better. I mostly play in the woods and play the role of the sniper so accuracy is a most. I was looking at the smart parts all american, an armson barrell, and tippmann's sniper barrell. I have considered the flatline but I also play a quite a few urban games where a sniper isn't necessary and I heard the flatline lags at close distances and has a weird shooting pattern that is hard to get used to. Please help.

Thanks,
    The Don

Auston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2003, 01:04 PM
    Which barrell?
    You could get the Ronin Gear Katana Adjustable Bore Barrel. I know a guy that has one and he said he prefers it over all the others. I would check into it.
    harleyds Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2004, 11:22 AM
    Which barrell?
    Have you tried out Smart Part's new Freak Kit? You are basically matching the barrel to the paint.

Different balls have different sizes, PMI vs RP Scherer vs Big Ball. And then different barrells have different sizes. You really want to find a barrell that will hold a ball in place and barely be able to blow it out with a hard breath. If the ball rolls out or is stuck, then it is not a good match. When the ball and barrell are matched perfectly, they you will get the most accuracy since the air being expelled is being pushed out evenly. Certain barrells such as the Smart Part's AA,are designed to spin the air behind the ball. This of course is best achieved when the ball matches the barrell.

Good Luck
    David
    cooldudens1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2004, 11:22 AM
    Which barrell?
    For a tipman, only use a DYE Ultralite, DYE Boomstick, or a Flatline. Those seem to work the best. I have heard a lot of good things about the flatline.

-Nic Shur
    Addicted Team Captain
    smokescreen33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Forget about the flatline barrel for sniper play,
    Its only really effective for a support role.
    True it can reach much further then other barrels, but the accuracy just isn't there
    I suggest the J&J ceramic 14" barrel
    Its pretty cheap and very accurate, also pretty god for indoor or urban games

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search