Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lforte7015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Best Paint ?
    What paint is better for exterior solid stain house painting?
    Sherwin williams or benjamin moore?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 08:43 PM

I prefer B. M. Have no data to back this up. Like the service I get and knowledge of product by sales personal.

Chuck
    darrellg Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Both are good and priced much the same. I tend to favor SW
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 12:07 AM

I think Sherman Williams paint is one of the worst paint ai ever used. Did a big paint Job out of the states and had to return 20 cans for refund. Found a Home Depot on island used Beher and was somewhat surprised how it covered in one coat. I'm a old die hard for Benjamin Moore? Been happy with it for over 30 years. Put it this way There are grades of Moore and the better the grade the better it covers.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 02:16 PM

Bit like saying which is better, Ford or GM. Comparing a Pinto to a Vette or a Tbird to a Chevy Vega. I have used bot but lean toward BM but that's just me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of that paint? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of that white paint that when applied it is a color and then as it dries it turns white? Its for when you paint white on white.

Paint on top of paint [ 1 Answers ]

Well, here I am again. I am ready to paint my other walls. I want to use a paint that I can wash dirt off easily. I want to paint the walls white with red vertical stripes. The red paint I have is a satin latex. I know I need to prime first, but what kind of white paint can I use underneath...

I am a girl and have to figure out what paint and how to paint my barn? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so now that I have your attention.. I have a very old existing barn with not much paint on it. Who knows when and with what type of paint was used it is so weathered. I think I can just paint over it. In its condition I would have to sand it. The paint is not flaking it is just very weathered...

What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?

Which Is Better Paint? [ 3 Answers ]

Which Is Better Paint Dunn Edwards Or Frazee In General Or Overall For Interior Painting?

View more questions Search