Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reckless Posts: 109, Reputation: 30

Jul 22, 2009, 05:20 PM

I have 3 days to wait this out. I will not call her in between. I swear this is going to turn around.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:24 PM

So we can expect to hear all about it Saturday or Sunday...
    I wait patiently... :D

Jul 22, 2009, 05:35 PM

That's right. Surprisingly, my hotel had internet access. I've been tempted to contact her, but I've held back knowing that I would only push her away. I'm going to act like myself when we go out and not even talk about the relationship. I know this is going to turn around.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:39 PM

Remember though that you have to have a change of heart in all aspects because as many here have said, even a couple posts today, said they got back with their ex and saw some improvement but as time went by they saw that they still had the same attitude and the same annoying ways.
    So you can put an effort out there but it is what you do in the long run.

Jul 22, 2009, 05:43 PM

I honestly think you're the only one who really understands. Yes, I know that I might get hurt again. It's a risk I'm willing to take. I was the instigator of our fights. I kept making big things out of nothing because of the trust I lost for her when she broke up with me the first time. The reason she broke up with me the first time was another trust issue thing with me and thinking she was cheating. All along I haven't trusted her and I want to start now.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:48 PM

I understand you want to learn the hard way and sometimes that is the only way some people do learn some things but good luck with it actually working out.

We are waiting to hear how she reacted and how things went.

Jul 22, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Well the original date was supposed to be a double date and it still is. It's my best friend and his girlfriend going with me and my ex. I just called my best friend and he says that his girlfriend is talking to mine now. He doesn't know what they're talking about but he says his girlfriend has already agreed to tell him and he'll tell me. I seriously hope this is just a,"despite not being with my boyfriend anymore i'm going on a date with him" explanation speech. I'll know within the next few hours.

Jul 22, 2009, 06:41 PM

Okay well she was supposed to call at 9 and 40 minutes have gone by, so now I'm kind of flippin'. My friend's girlfriend is going to sleep at 10 so I might not even find out what's going down tonight.

This means one of two things

1. She forgot because I'm not on her mind.
    2. She's legitimately busy.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 22, 2009, 06:43 PM

No matter how busy someone gets, they will make time for people they are fond of.

I hope the friend's girlfriend has information that clears some of that up.

Jul 22, 2009, 06:53 PM

Unfortunately, my ex hasn't called my best friend's girlfriend yet. I have a feeling it's not going to happen tonight. What the hell is going on?

Jul 22, 2009, 06:59 PM

I remember Talaniman posting up one of his rules. I'm paraphrasing, but it goes something like this:

Never try to read the mind of any woman, or analyze their actions for intentions

Like I said, I'm paraphrasing, but at this point, wondering what she's thinking is just going to eat you up... and not in a good way.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 07:02 PM

I think it is his friends girlfriend that was suppose to get back to him, not his ex girlfriend.
    She probably doesn't feel it necessary so put it off.

Jul 22, 2009, 07:06 PM

Oh, okay, I got confused.

I thought his ex was supposed to call him, AND his best friend's girl was supposed to call him after talking on the phone with his ex.

*dazed&confused*

Jul 23, 2009, 04:52 AM

No it's just my friend's girlfriend will talk with my ex, then my friend will tell me what happened.

Jul 23, 2009, 04:55 AM

I feel like calling her and telling her that I'll treat her right and we won't fight about stupid things. That I've had time to think it out. I know that's stupid, so I'm not doing it. I have 3 days until I see her. Two until I have to call her to confirm this is happening.

Does everyone agree with my waiting course of action? Should I call her now and tell her that we can work this out? I won't act until I get advice.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    does everyone agree with my waiting course of action? should i call her now and tell her that we can work this out? i won't act until i get advice.
    ... WHY do you keep asking this when we already told you and you would rather do it your way anyway??
    You said you are going out in a day or two. Why do you want to push it? It will prove to her that you are not changing. Go ahead show her how desperate and needy you are it will confirm why she doesn't want to be with you in the first place.

When you get to the point you can't resist why not just call your friend and ask them how things went with the phone call first?? \

You are desperately looking for excuses to call her.

See if your friends say if she said you are still on for your date before you do ANYTHING.
    The earliest I would call is the morning that you are suppose to go out.
    Then I would keep it short and brief!

You: We still on for tonight
    Her: Sure
    You: Great! What time should we meet?/where should we meet? (whatever details you haven't worked out)
    Her: reply
    You: Great see you then. Later.
    Click

Jul 23, 2009, 05:06 AM

Thank god for you. Yeah I won't do anything.

The phone call didn't even go down last night. I have nothing to tide me over. I refuse to cave in. I have to think of it like this, every time I cave I'm adding one more month or week to the break up.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 05:09 AM

Exactly.
    If there is any chance of her wanting you back YOU are going to be your own worst enemy and blow it by not looking at it that way with everything you say and do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 05:11 AM

I know you don't want to hear this, but I would have gotten another date and had a great time with my friends.

You honestly look very desperate about getting your ex back, and your pinning all your hopes on one date.

But I can appreciate your stubborn hard headedness, and if you want another shot at that brick wall, have at it. Who knows, maybe your head is harder than the wall, and you'll knock it down. Wear a helmet though just in case the wall is truly harder than your head.

Jul 23, 2009, 05:12 AM

How should I act on the date?

I made her a surprise before we broke up. She likes cashews, so I emptied a can of them and filled it with rocks (to make it heavy) and flowers. I'm going to give it to her, she's going to open and be like what? Then I'll say, "No I'm just messing with you," and pull out the real bags of cashews.

Good idea?

What physical boundaries am I allowed to cross (hand holding, cuddling, kissing?) I guess it kind of depends on how much she'll take and what kind of vibe I'm getting. Do I ever talk about the relationship under any circumstances?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Do I have to pay back disability company monies I receive from SS for back pay [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. I just received SS after applying for 5 years. I just received my back pay from SS as well. Now, the disability company that was paying me wants 100% of my back pay and my son's dependent check as well. I thought this was protected under 42 USC Sec 407 (a). ...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search