Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 06:20 AM

While her friend is here...
    So take a back seat and wait it out.

I don't know what answers you are looking for when you say she got back together for the wrong reasons only to go on to justifying being back with her by saying she is in love with you.

She sees that she can say and do whatever she wants and you will simply go along with it so she is going to continue to pull your puppet strings and see how far she can push it.
    If that is what you call love go right ahead.
    reckless Posts: 109, Reputation: 30

Jul 22, 2009, 06:31 AM

Yeah you're right, I'll wait it out. It's 2 weeks before her friend leaves. She'll need me back again.

I have high hopes for this date. The only thing I can see going wrong is her backing out.

I don't really care why she got back with me. All I care about is the way we feel for each other. I feel like this is just a rough spot and we'll make it through this.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 06:39 AM

I wasn't TELLING you to wait it out
    I was saying so you are going along with this ?

As in WHY would you do that?
    I can see her saying she is busy and doesn't have time because she is with a friend when you call and ask her if you can get together but to come right out right off the bat and make it sound like a need space break up I wouldn't be so likely to take that very well.

Learn the hard way if she is just playing you.

Jul 22, 2009, 07:23 AM

Well she hasn't seen her friend for a year so I should have just left her alone with her. We were already planning to go on the date before we broke up again. She was trying to accommodate time for me, I just got angry and felt like she was ignoring me when she was just busy with her friend.

I'm going to wait it out for sure. I messed up this time, not her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Wake up, she is back to using you when she has nothing better to do, and if she cared she would include you in what makes her happy. The sad part is you bend over, and allow it. That's being an emotional tampon.

Never make a person a priority in your life, while allowing them to make you an option in theirs.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 09:07 AM

I guess you don't stand by what you said in your original post "it isn't good to get back with your ex". Then read the list you wrote to why she got back with you--not good.

If you and her keep having the same problems and the two of you are not overcomming them then "why do you stay or what to stay with her?"

Get out of the puppy mode and see things for what they really are instead of how it should be.
    overayear Posts: 100, Reputation: 19

Jul 22, 2009, 09:09 AM

It sounds like your relationship is toxic. She is def using you and you are letting her. She knows that she has you no matter what she dose or says. I know its hard because of you feel for her, but she doesn't feel the same way for you. It sounds like if stay with her you are going to get hurt again. Why do that to yourself?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:01 PM

Wow you are content with letting this girl come and go as she pleases. You call her, she gets angry and breaks up with you, her friend leaves and you will be right there waiting. So how little of a bone does she have to throw you before you start running in the other direction!

Jul 22, 2009, 01:07 PM

At this point no one can convince me into not loving her. Now I just want to know what to do to get her back on the date that we'll be going on.
    overayear Posts: 100, Reputation: 19

Jul 22, 2009, 01:20 PM

No one is saying for you not to love her. What we are trying to show you is that a different point of view on the situation. If so many people are having the same view and you are the only one that sees it different then maybe you should take a closer look. Be honest with yourself. If you keep this up she will never respect you as a man which will in turn mess up any chance of having a successful relationship with her (which I don't feel is a good idea anyways). You are digging your own grave. I personally believe that you are setting yourself up to get hurt again. Smart people learn from their mistakes and wise people learn from other people's mistakes.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:23 PM
    RUN, do not walk, away from her.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:26 PM
    ***N0help4u agrees: oh so sorry s_ciani I disagree: he is in it for the rude awakening so there is no running away from her
    Sarcasim intended

You can love her ALL you want but the fact is if she wants to treat you like a second thought instead of wanting to be proud to stand by you then you may be having a lot of wishful thinking on your part and nothing more.

One minute you are saying you are back together and love each other. The next you are saying you love her and hope you can win her back.
    Right now it looks to us like any thing she says or does that sounds positive to your ears is going to be getting false hopes up for you.

You go out with her and you see where she wants to lead you. We'll be here waiting to hear how it all turns out
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    then what do i do to win her back. it's 4 am and i seriously cannot sleep.
    Listen to us ; you DON'T, I repeat, DON'T want her back. I wouldn't want her back and I don't even know her! Just reading your posts has me totally turned off to her!
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    Listen to us ; you DON'T, I repeat, DON'T want her back. I wouldn't want her back and I don't even know her! Just reading your posts has me totally turned off to her!
    ***as s_ciani wastes his breath and vainly types away :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 01:35 PM

Explain to me how you can love someone more than you love yourself? That ain't love.

No self respecting man would be looking to get a partner like that back, they would vanish, and celebrate their freedom, by exploring BETTER options and opportunities.

You don't win someone back, they have to want to be with you.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:40 PM

He did admit to self-masochism.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 22, 2009, 01:48 PM

Did he admit to liking being a puppet, too?
    crisluvsu731 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Jul 22, 2009, 01:50 PM
    I have dated my ex's a couple time, and they are an ex for a reason. Typically if it doesn't work out the first time, chances are, it won't every work. How old are you two?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    at this point no one can convince me into not loving her. now i just want to know what to do to get her back on the date that we'll be going on.
    Sorry but I for one will not be helping you "get her back" because unlike you, I don't think anyone should continue to run head first into a wall. But I'm sure you could try magazine cut out of letters to form a love letter, or stand outside her window with music playing, if that doesn't work, keep calling her phone nonstop.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 03:11 PM

Reckless you have a lot to learn and sadly your one of those people who must learn the hard way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Do I have to pay back disability company monies I receive from SS for back pay [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. I just received SS after applying for 5 years. I just received my back pay from SS as well. Now, the disability company that was paying me wants 100% of my back pay and my son's dependent check as well. I thought this was protected under 42 USC Sec 407 (a). ...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search