Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KagamiD Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Oh God I still love her
    I'm 25 and I met someone 3 years ago. We instantly connected and became best friends. We had everything in common plus she was beautiful and charming. Of course over time I fell in love with her. I voiced my feelings not in an attempt to get her but so I can be honest with my best friend. She was already in love with someone else and showed no real interest in me in terms of a relationship. We both agreed that our friendship was precious so we remained friends. Over time we argued more and more. Even after she broke up with her boyfriend the arguments continued followed by emotional recoveries on both our parts. It was obvious we both wanted to stay together but it became increasingly difficult. At times she wavered and considered beginning a relationship. We slept together at one point which didn't change anything. We even tried dating for a couple weeks but I instantly noticed her heart wasn't into it. Sometime after that ended she dated someone else. It was as if she fell in love with this guy within 2 weeks. After that realization our friendship was dwindling on a thread. Sometime after they broke up our arguments could not be controlled and we both decided not to be around each other anymore. I was devastated but since I knew it was best I tried to move on. It's been a year and my thoughts of her are rare but I have a serious problem. If I so much as see a picture of her my heart instantly begins to race and my emotions run amuck. Over the past few months we ran into each other and had a neutral conversation (sort of like polite acquaintances) which made me sad since we use to be so close. Last month I saw her again during an event I went to and she was with her boyfriend (the first one when I met her). I felt slight annoyance but nowhere near as much as before. Strangely enough she left his side ran to me and we talked as if we were friends again. I had no power, I sort of fell into it like a spell. Afterwards it happened a few more times and we both smiled at each other. It felt like an eternity ago since I last made her smile. My emotions were insane after I left and I didn't know what to do. What if one day I'm married and I run into her and instantly question my marriage? How long will I love this woman who always seems absolutely perfect for me? I'm afraid I'll never be satisfied again which after these past few years of relationships seems like a certainty.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Unfortunately, she sees you only as a friend. Because you can not be satisfied with just friendship, it is not possible for you two to maintain a relationship.

You may never get over her. Almost everyone has that one person that will always hold a special place in the heart. In the future, you will fall in love again. And your love for the new woman will allow you put your old feelings in perspective. These feelings will become more of a fondness and less of an obsession.
    KagamiD Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 08:36 PM

I've always been aware that she only sees me as a friend and that a relationship is close to impossible since we both want different things.

If I never get over her I'm still afraid she'll come back one day and I'll waver for her. What if she one day decided she loves me after I'm with someone else. If I heard those words my head would split. Knowing she has that power scares me. All because I'm not one of the lucky ones who ended up with the person they love so completely. I don't think I can ever love like that again and it's not fair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Love in a time of Cholera. How long would you wait for love? [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try and keep this short and to the point. I was in a 7+ year relationship with a man I met while overseas, we fell in love instantly and kept in touch after our brief encounter, till finally we started to plan my trip to his country for a 3 month stay - I was prepared to do it, I was deeply in...

View more questions Search