Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morganr19 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 11:39 PM
    Horrible Back Pain but Numb to the Touch
    Hello. I had Scoliosis surgery 6 years ago and have two steel rods in my spine from T2-L4. I am experiencing horrible pain that I can feel on the inside but to the touch, it's completely numb. I wonder if it is inflamed scar tissue or what else it could be. It comes back from time to time--probably every 3 months or so. I thank you in advance if you can help me! Also-- the pain is in my upper back on the right hand side of where the steel rods are but it's not too far from the rods--maybe an inch to the right.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 04:19 PM

I know that everybody I know that has a rod says that cold causes pain. Is it related to the cold or maybe somewhat cold showers or is it even in the warmer weather?
    morganr19 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 09:13 PM

I do not think so. It is a horrible pain that completely NUMB to the touch which is bizarre. Who knows.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 11:51 AM

I'd go back to the doctor and tell him about this. Nothing you want to keep guessing about especially when things go numb. There could be some kind of hidden damage that only an X-ray or MRI will reveal. You could have other more serious problems on your hands now. On the other hand it could be just scar tissue. In any case, let your doctor advise you what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mosquito Bite Caused Horrible pain and swelling? [ 12 Answers ]

Last night I noticed what seemed like a mosquito on my ankle area. Of course it was biting me. I swated it and thought nothing of it. It did become red and swollen right after. Then this morning I noticed a really bad pain with my leg. It felt almost numb, but like a bruise. It is my bite from last...

Excruciating Pain in Back but Numb to the Touch [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I had Scoliosis surgery 6 years ago and have two steel rods in my spine from T2-L4. I am experiencing horrible pain that I can feel on the inside but to the touch, it's completely numb. I wonder if it is inflamed scar tissue or what else it could be. It comes back from time to time--probably...

Horrible toe touch [ 6 Answers ]

I no I have posted like 3 questions about my toe-touch, but I REALLY need help! Try outs are in three weeks and I can't make the squad unless my toe touch is perfect!:eek: Okay, so here's my major problem: When ever I roll my hips, I also lean in so much I'm practically upside down! When I don't...

An Ex back in touch! [ 23 Answers ]

I was seeing a guy last year on and off for about 7 months. His name is Marc and I have known him since I was 11yrs old. We went to school together and used to hang out a lot as we were good friends. When we were seeing each other I found out he had many other girls on the go, so when he went...

View more questions Search