Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Jul 20, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Is it No pain No gain?
    Ok so recently I've started working out again, I haven't as much as I have been for years now and now my legs feel sooo weak. Even climbing stairs and bending my knees I feel like I'm going to fall down! Is this normal when just starting working out or would this mean I am doing things wrong or something?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 11:41 PM

It is normal- what your feeling.

However you do need to take breaks, don't overwork your body.

Are you working out at a gym? A trainer can always help you answer your questions and give you the proper technique so you don't hurt yourself.

No pain no gain can be misleading because sometimes you can tear a ligament or injure a muscle and well all you gain after that is an injury!

Sarah
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 11:53 PM

My mantra is no pain,. no pain.

Be sure to be careful, have a rest day to recuperate, and also stretch if you can to help ease the pain.

Also, be sure to eat a nutritious meal filled with protein so that you can recuperate faster.
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 25, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Twink24 View Post
    Ok so recently I've started working out again, i havent as much as i have been for years now and now my legs feel sooo weak. Even climbing stairs and bending my knees i feel like im going to fall down! Is this normal when just starting working out or would this mean i am doing things wrong or something??
    This is normal DUDE. I know when I am Squatting HARD and doing MAD Leg Press's I get my kicked hours later when I am walking out. Make sure you are eating right and in taking all the nutrients your body needs. After you do a hard workout you have a 2 hour window to intake protein before your body starts eating itself.

Get a protein shake or a high protein/ amino meal into yourself ASAP Dude.

:D
    Rookeek Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2009, 12:29 PM

Soreness is normal, It will go away after a week..
    Cedric J Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 02:23 PM

Yeah it's normal when you first start working out. It gets easier and easier each time as your recovery time is quicker. It may take a few weeks to be at your best, but you just have to work through it!

How to get abs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left sided groin pain + dizziness and infrequent chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I started having pain in the left side of my groin yesterday, it's painful to sit, walk, stand and then today I took my mom to church and during church I had dizziness and severe chest pain. I was able to drive us home luckily, I had another episode of the chest pain when we got to her house and...

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

Security deposit to gain or not to gain? [ 1 Answers ]

Living in Rochester NY. Had a one year lease ready to move . This complex is privately owned corp. Its huge. Leaving Rochester office claims it will send security in one month time. Does this complex have the right to keep the interest my security deposit has gained. In the past living at other...

View more questions Search