Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JusP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Hot and cold water mixing
    Hi. I have a problem with hot and cold water mixing or so I've been told by a few plumbers. One said to replace all the shower and sink faucets as they were old and that would be the easiest place to start. We've replaced all but one shower faucet. The other two that we replaced now don't have any hot water. I don't understand why the showers wouldn't have hot water but the sinks will have hot water. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 18, 2006, 04:31 PM
    It sounds like you disturbed some crud built up on the inside pipe walls and the showers sucked it up into the valve and now the hot water inlet ports of the cartridge are clogged. Shut the water off to the valve, open it up and clean and clear the cartridge hot water inlet ports. You should still have the installation instructions with a exploded view of the valve to help you. Before you reassemble the valves turn on the hot water for a moment to flush out the supplies.
    Good luck, Tom
    JusP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 06:54 PM
    I will try this. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Hot water from cold water tap [ 7 Answers ]

We recently had a plumber in to raise the temperature in our shower. He fiddled about, turning various supply pipes on and off and then deemed he couldn't do anything as he didn't have the part. Although he is supposed to have put the system back the way it was, we now have hot water coming out of...

Hot water from cold taps when HW recirculator on [ 12 Answers ]

My hot water recirculator is on a timer, and whenever it is on, hot water comes from the cold taps. After a minute or so, the cold water starts coming out. Any chance this is something I can fix myself (I'm a total novice) If I do have to call a plumber, are there any things I can find out...

View more questions Search