Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mashboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Outlook did not get all of my comcast folders
    My wife and I have been using Comcast for our email for a long time. We liked it because after having our hard drive crash and losing all of our emails, I liked the idea of them staying on an outside server, knowing they would back up better than I.

But smartzone (comcast) sucks and I wanted to start using outlook again. We use the same email address for most things and so I set up Outlook on my laptop before I got my wife's going. When I set up Outlook, first, it pulled all of the Inbox emails in smartzone off there and dropped them into my outlook on my hard drive. So now my wife will not be able to access those emails (hopefully just for now). I called comcast and got this corrected so now all future emails will drop on smartzone AND outlook 2003.

However, when I did this, it did not take all of the 30+ folders and their emails that were set up on smartzone. They are still there when I log back into comcast. How do I get outlook to see the other emails that are there?

Second, is there an easy way to copy all of the emails back onto smartzone that got moved to outlook in the inbox? Or do I just have to send them back to me?

Thanks,

Jeff
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2009, 02:56 PM

When you setup your accounbt in Outlook you probably neglected to go into the advanced settings and select to leave posts on the server. So when Outlook polled the server it pulled down all the e-mails and deleted them from the server. I suspect that's the setting the Comcast people told you to make.

I don't think there is anyway to copy them back to Smartzone, but you would need to ask the Comcast people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Export email files from Comcast to Outlook [ 7 Answers ]

How do I export all email folders/files from a browser based email service like Comcast to a hard drive based system like Outlook? Any help would be appreciated.

Outlook express offline folders [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to create outlook express offline folders? I've created regular folders on my XP machine and saved some there, but if they have the same subject line, but different dates, one overwrites the other. Thank you.

How do I export email addresses from comcast and import to outlook express [ 2 Answers ]

How do I export email addresses from comcast and import to outlook express

Outlook Archive Folders [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I work at the Coast Guard HQ in Washington DC as desktop support technician. A user came to me with an issue stating an Archive folder was created in Outlook 2003 that he did not create. I was stumped as to how this could happen. I don't know whether to believe him but I'm wondering is...

Double set of folders in Outlook 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

In my Outlook 2003 I have 2 sets of identical private folders for my mail, and I can not see how to delete one of them. By right click on one of them there are no possibilities to delete. If I make a subfolder, this will also appear in the other set. If I delete a subfolder in one of them, this...

View more questions Search