Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keithtench Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Exterior painting
    :confused::confused:What is the going rate for exterior painting one coat and off ladder
    sq ft x ? = price
    5 gal + ? =sq ft
    thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 12:15 PM

Keith, just one post is all that's needed. Can you explain " and off of ladder" Also explain exterior or what how large and tall, what is the building made of, who does the prep and what type of paint. Add as much detail as you can. The paint can will tell you the coverage.
    keithtench Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 04:44 PM
    I need know what the to the going rate is for exterior painting, it is a 2 story home so there will be a majority of work that will be done off a ladder, the material is hardy plank.
    For the most part there is minimal prep work to be done. I have not yet measured the total square footage. Was hoping you could give me the equation or going rate I could use once I come up with the actual square footage??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 07:11 PM

Rates vary so much we usuually aren't too helpful or accurate. Best bet is to get 3 bids and then decide if you want to try it or hire a bidder. Extremely low bids are not always the best deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior painting [ 1 Answers ]

How do I bid exterior paint job

Exterior painting [ 3 Answers ]

What is the going rate per square foot for painting an exterior of a two story home. All the materials are being provided.

Painting Exterior Stucco [ 3 Answers ]

What is the process of painting on Stucco walls? Is a primer required? What type of paint should I use? Rolling or spraying? What would be the min. temperature to apply the paint in?

Estimating painting exterior [ 2 Answers ]

Do you estimate exterior of house the same way as interior? By the square foot. Also is cost of the paint included in the estimate?

View more questions Search