Ask
    pizza532 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Declaration Money
    Does Ghana require Ghanians to have $5000 Euros when traveling to THe USA
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 01:30 PM

No, this is a scam, if someone is claiming to be in love with you and wanting to come visit you this is a well known scam.

No such requirement exists.
    dlbjr55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 03:57 PM
    I have been talking to women in Ghana for quit some time now! She is originally from South Africa but has lived in Ghana since 1995.She claims it costs 400 usd to renew her passport and 550 dollars to get medical testing done! Yhen when that is paid she is required to have a minimum of 2500usd for Declaration money to board the airline to come to the United Stated? Does this sound like a fairy tale or is it a true story? I have talked to this women on the telephone and online for about 6 weeks!I have already sent her the 400 for the visa/passport and the 550usd for have the medical testing done! She has provided me with the copies of her reciepts for these things and a copy of her passport and the medical testing results>although they look genuine,I am not completely convinced that they really are authentic!If she is a scam artist she should be a actress because she definitely in seems very sincere and truthful when I speak to her.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 22, 2011, 04:30 PM

No medical test required for a passport. No "declaration" fee either. If you think about it, why would a home country require such a fee? Maybe the destination country, but not the origination country.
    dlbjr55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Comment on NYcityboy's post
    Yes I asked her about that and she said it is a requirement of the United States before you enter here!She says the United States does not people from foreign countries bring diseases to our country!
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

not true. The US DOS generally does not require any type of a medical examination for a nonimmigrant visa, just a statement checked on the online form DS-160 that she does not have "a communicable disease of public health significance."

I'm sorry, but she has lied to you, or she is being misled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Declaration fee [ 14 Answers ]

I have a young lady planning on coming to visit me in California. She is telling me that before she can board the plane immigration is going to ask her to show $1,650.00 USD as funds to take care of her self while here. Per the letter she sent me. The statutory declaraton fee imposed on...

Declaration of Independence [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution?

View more questions Search