Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laisiewkim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Lunar and Solar Eclipse?
    Hi,
    Is there a website to show the real pictures of lunar and solar eclipse taken on the moon looking at the earth... ever since men had landed the moon... thinking there might be a special camera install on the moon to capture these eclipse... should it falls in this location... thanks for reply kim.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:42 AM

Eclipses of the Sun by the Earth, seen from the Moon
    Astronomical Art: Earth Eclipse
    Sure glad you didn't ask "Eclipse from the Sun"
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 06:27 AM

I haven't been able to find anything about what a earth-side solar eclipse looks like to an observer on the moon (by this I mean when the moon passes between the sun and the earth - so it's a solar eclipse as seen fron the earth, and I suppose what you would call an "earth eclipse" if you lived on the moon). From the moon you should see a dark spot (the moon's umbra shadow) moving across the face of the earth. The spot would be up to 160 miles wide, which is the width of the umbra shadow that the moon casts on the earth during a solar eclipse.

As to a moon-side solar eclipse (what we call a lunar eclipse from the perspective of earth) - here's another site showing the earth blocking out the sun, as seen from a satellite's perspective near they moon:

JAXA | KAGUYA (SELENE) Successfully Captures Moving Images of the Earth at the Time of a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse using HDTV

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to recover Apollo 10 Lunar Module? [ 2 Answers ]

The Apollo 10 lunar module, called Snoopyis apparently in heliocentric (solar) orbit. Theoretically, would the only thing standing in the way of acutally intercepting and capturing the lem be knowing where it is? Does anyone like NASA actually do know where it is at any one time? Thanks!

View of Moon after total lunar eclipse [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to view the moon in first-quarter phase the day after a tota1 lunar eclipse?

Lunar and Solar Eclipse? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just wonder what effects would be like if we are at the moon looking at the earth for lunar and solar eclipse? Possible? Since men had landed the moon. Appreciate your reply Kim.

Hibernate - eclipse [ 2 Answers ]

How to generate hibernate classes in eclipse ide? Can any body help in giving step by step procedure.

Lunar Cycle Fertility [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone ever tried the lunar cycle to help them get pregnant? It's were you use the moons rotation to try and get pregnant. I recently got a free report telling me when I should try and conceive. Does it really work?

View more questions Search