Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whisky4 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 10:27 PM
    Traffic Ticket
    Hi,this question involves getting a speeding ticket,and when the officer drove off he did not ask me to sign the ticket,is this ticket a vaiid ticket now,as I have the green copy with out my signauteur on,so there will not be a signature on the white copy,I live in the state of Washington,thank,s
    Seattle123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 11:45 PM
    I can't help you on the signature issue, but you should always ask for a copy (front and back) of any moving violation ticket you receive by FAX or mail from the issuing agency. If the officer fails to fill out the back of the ticket with the specifics of the infraction the magistrate has no choice but to dismiss your ticket if you request and show up for a hearing. In my younger years I got out of two tickets for this reason. Hopefully if the signature issue doesn't work - this will be helpful for you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2006, 01:50 PM
    I've never heard of signing a traffic ticket in the first place. It sounds like it's valid to me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2006, 03:25 PM
    A traffic ticket is a summons to appear in court. You are allowed on many to plead gulty by mail and merely send in the fine or go in and pay it.

Next wile I respect Seattles 123 answer, if they are using the Uniform traffic ticket, no they don't have to put anything on the back of it.
    And the section for filling in details is the officers section, not the copy normally given to the public. The back of the standard ticket has court info, location of where to pay the fine or where to appear.

And no the magistrate at least in most states I know of does not have to dismiss any case for even slight errors in the ticket.

Now of course Washington may not use the standard traffic ticket used by the majority of police forces, since they are not required to,

And thus is the issue of the signing, if you call or ask about it, it proves you got the ticket, *which is all that is, proof you received it)
    And if you pretend you did not get it, they would merely show it as a non shiow and it just gets worst.

So your choice is basically to pay it if you are guilty. Or appear in court and fight it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Website traffic [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best way to get FAST website traffic without spending a fortune on pay per click?

Traffic Ticket on Probation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , my name is Cordell I was wondering how do tickets show up when you are on probation. Or do you tell your probation officer.

Traffic light again [ 2 Answers ]

So I managed to get my hands on this traffic light and I posted orignianlly about how I might go about getting them to flash in some specific order. Now I just want them to flash randomly. Each of the 3 lights has its own hot wire and then there is a neutraul wire connected to all three. I just...

Traffic light [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to re wire a traffic light and I'm wondering how I get it to switch back and forth between the red green and yellow lights. I don't need them to go in order and I would like about 2 seconds between each light. Any help would be great thanks.:)

Traffic incident [ 7 Answers ]

I recently backed up into a car slightly. I didn't think anything of it so I left. The police arrested me but did not read me my rights and they still handcuffed me and took me to jail. My insurance has lapsed but I know it was my fault. Also, these other people I think are trying to claim they...

View more questions Search