Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mauch5 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 01:07 PM
    How far I traveled on bike
    What I want to know is how to get some map program or something to tell me how far I bike to my next location. The thing is that I want to start and end at the same place and I can not find any programs that will let me do this. I want to tell it where I am going all I need to know is how far I have traveled and Google maps does not work; neither does Mapquest. Please help me.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Jul 19, 2009, 10:27 PM

You might have to break your route into two trips. Use the online map programs to list a route from your start point to a location near the far point of your circuit. Use the map service again to plan a route from that point back to your start/end point.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 12:41 AM

Calculate the distance between two addresses
    GPS Visualizer: Great Circle Distance Maps, Airport Routes, & Degrees/Minutes/Seconds Calculator

And you can always download and install Google earth beta version and use it's driving distance between 2 addresses
    Google Earth

First option above will just give you distance in Miles between 2 addresses

Google earth will give you the visual route but is a program that needs to be installed
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 02:35 AM
    What's the problem with using a standard bike computer, that's what I use.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 02:14 PM

I would use a Delorme PN-20, or PN-40.
    You can do what you want, print your route, show in 3D with Elevations, can add phot Tags to Waypoints. Unlimited. May be Overkill.
    http://delorme.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hutch BMX Bike [ 8 Answers ]

Remember Hutch BMX bikes? I have a Judge that I'm rebuilding but need some original parts, which are hard to come by apparently. Anyone with some parts or an old bike let me know, found some stuff on Ebay but not exactly what I am looking for.

Distance traveled [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm travling 90 miles per hour and hit a 60 foot ramp, that stands 16 feet tall. How far would I travel ?

Downhill bike [ 6 Answers ]

I want to start downhilling, and I need a good beginner bike. Any suggestions?

Oh lord he traveled so hard? [ 1 Answers ]

Oh lord he travled so hard, that is the line I cn remember from this song. It kind of reminds me of the fugees but I know it isn't one of there's any help?

Skoda Favorit won't count traveled kilometers [ 5 Answers ]

My brother got this Skoda Favorit made in around 1990 (dont know if you ever heard of this car, but it's quite popular here in Croatia) and he is having problems with it - the car won't record how much he has traveled. The thing is like this: there are two counters - one for all-time traveled...

View more questions Search