Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emma18 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Swine flu
    I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I work in a store where more then 30people have had swine flu in the last 3weeks. My doctor has signed me off because I had 3 miscarriges last year and I'm already having braxton hicks contractions so me getting swine flu could be really harmful to myself and the baby but my maternity leave starts 22/08/2009 does anyone no if it would be acceptable if I didn't return to work because of the risk and if I decide not to what effect if any me being off now would have on my maternity leave.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 11:13 AM
    I can't tell you what the effect it would have on your maternity leave as I live in the US.

I can tell you, as a maternity nurse, that braxton hicks contractions are common as early as 24 weeks, so you should not be concerned with that unless they become more intense and get closer together resulting in a regular pattern that will not go away with Tylenol, warm baths, and bed rest.

I would assume that a doctor's excuse would be all you need to start your maternity leave early.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:12 PM

Check out worksmart.org.uk... you can find out what your rights are in regard to maternity leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swine [ 1 Answers ]

So.. my problem is that I have a sore throat and my ear is hurting. As there is the swine flu I am afraid that I got it but I am afriad to tell my parents to get me checked for it :confused: How should I tell them and does this flu leave any effects after it is cured :eek::confused::(?

Swine flu [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been exposed to swine flu. A friend of my was sick and then have been tested for swine flu with a positive result. I am leaving for a trip in Japan tomorrow and my concern regards the fact that I don't want to be sick far away. How big is the probability that I will be sick for swine...

Swine flu. [ 87 Answers ]

Is anybody aware of this latest flu going around. Apparently it began in mexico but there are cases around the world now. There has been confirmed cases in Canada, United States where there is now one death. About 150 mexicans died from this already. How do we stop these things? So much...

Swine houses [ 6 Answers ]

Types of swine houses ?

View more questions Search