Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paperdoll Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jul 19, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Any symptoms of pregnancy before u miss your period?
    I have been trying to get pregnant.my period isn't due for more 2 weeks.I feel breast sore and tenderness.I also eat more and have cravings and frequent headaches.my lower back pains and have a mood swing too.is it too early for the symptoms or can I be illusioning it.I am desperate and just want to know if or not am I pregnant.are there any symptoms of pregnancy that you can feel even before you miss your period?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 10:06 AM

Sounds like pms. I had very frequent urination. As well as being very tired. So Tired I feel asleep in the middle of a conversation with a co-worker.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 10:09 AM

Yes, some women will notice changes even before a missed period. It is also possible to be really paying attention for possible symptoms when you are hoping to be pregnant, or worried about being pregnant, to where anything that seems different might be thought due to a pregnancy.

You will really have to just wait and see. Either try a pregnancy test several days before your period is due, or wait and see if it is late and test at that time. Good luck!

Jul 19, 2009, 06:53 PM

Its 10dpo and I took hpt.it came out negative.. .
    Can't I do anything except wait?
    I haven't felt morning sickness and I do keep urinating,but also because I drink lots of water nowadays... I can listen my own heartbeat and there's always a light headache...
    How long should I actually wait to have real pregnancy symptoms and/or to find out I am pregnanat
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 04:10 AM

You could try a different brand test and see if you get a different result, or you could ask your doctor about having a quantitative blood test done... although they often won't do one until you have actually missed a period. Even then, most will start with a urine test in the office anyway.

Some women will get a positive result as early as 8-10dpo with a home urine test, but most won't that early.

It is also not uncommon to feel different "symptoms" that could be possibly due to pregnancy, but could also be other things as well. Even an off or missed period can happen for a variety of reasons besides pregnancy.

IF you are pregnant, you could feel signs before a period is due, or you might not feel much of anything different for several weeks... with maybe a missed period being the only obvious indication.

If you can't stand the wait, and I know it can be hard, try another test in a week or so... or wait and see what happens with your period.

In the meantime, if you are trying to become pregnant, be sure you are taking care of yourself... including any lifestyle changes that would be wise, and taking a good mulitvitamin or prenatal vitamin with at least 400 mcg of folic acid.

Jul 20, 2009, 06:24 AM

Thanks.
    It was really helpful
    But I still hate waiting

Jul 22, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Am not I pregnant
    Its four days due to my period. And I still have a negative pregnancy test.does that mean I am not pregnant? but I really thought I had pregnancy symptoms! :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 06:42 AM

When people want to be pregnant so bad that they think they may be their body can mimic the 'symptoms' of being pregnant. Your body is going through changes, give it time.
    They say the harder you try the harder it is to get pregnant because you need to be more relaxed about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symptoms of Pregnancy and Then Started My Period [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with me. Me and my boyfriend (who is currently living and working in another state) were together from 8/23 through 8/28. I started my period on 8/29 but it ended just three days later (my cycle usually lasts about 8-9 days). And it stopped abruptly on...

Late period, pregnancy symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my period but it was late. I got it on the 36th day from the last time my period started. I have been have a few symptoms and being pregnant. About a week to a week and a half I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were negative. Could I still be pregnant?:confused:

Pregnancy symptoms and missed period [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm 19 and I'm a little over a week late I recently started feeling really crappy! Like I night I'm getting really nauseated and sweat and I get really dizzy... so I drink some water and try to go back to bed... but then during the day I have terrible headaches, and my breasts hurt so bad!!...

I need an answer, why do I have the symptoms of Pregnancy.I had my period [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anybody could help me out. I had my period yet I (think) have symptoms of pregnancy, of course I wouldn't really know since I have never been. I am just worried because I have not been feeling well lately and I have never felt like this. I don't want to go to a doctor and...

View more questions Search