Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loader974 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 08:24 PM
    Wiring Diagram for Carrier Furnace
    I'm looking for a wiring diagram for Carrier Furnace Model 58GS100CGA, 160 Series, 76,000 BTU's.
    BC Furnace has replaced everything in my furnace & it's still not working.
    I've called in another repair man & he has checked everything & now says he needs to check the wiring from start to finish but needs the wiring diagram.
    Can you help please?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2006, 08:49 PM
    Is there not a wiring diagram inside the return air door? If not you can contact the Carrier distributer for the area you are in and he can furnish you one.
    What is it that you furnace is doing or not doing. Does it have a circuit board? Does it have the proper power and is the polarity of the wiring right?
    loader974 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Apparently there must not be a wiring diagram inside the return door as the technician said he would have to try & find a distributer that would have one.
    The furnace just won't start at all. BC Furnace have told me that they have replaced every part inside the furnace. They come over & get it going but then it stops in a couple of days & they are baffled by it. So far I have spent $1600.00 trying to get it going.
    That's why I called another technician in & he says the only thing left to do is check the wiring from start to finish but he needs the wiring diagram.
    The house is only 12 years old so it's very frustrating.
    I have called a Carrier distributer to see if I can get a diagram but no luck so far.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2006, 01:45 PM
    Oh my, $1600 for a carrier furnace repair. You would have been much better off buying a new furnace. Have you been working with the same HVAC company? Make them give you that money off a new unit. An 80% efficient should be under $2000 installed and a 90% efficient under $3000. At least you will have warranties, heat and it won't be draining your pocket book anymore.
    edwardhack44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 08:10 PM
    I have a house heater and I had a heating guy come in to fix it all he did was change some wires so the ac works and the heat doesn't know t is getting cold here and he passed away I need to know what I have to check to make sure I can get my heater workng again want to call some one and maybe they can talk me through it please have a set of 2 year old twins thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Blower runs, furnace won't ignite. ( pilot light IS WORKING) 1. filter was cleaned 2. thermostat reprogrammed . Is there anything we can do beafore calling service?

Bathroom wiring diagram [ 8 Answers ]

I am wiring a new basement bathroom. I have created a diagram showing how I plan to wire it. Just curious if anyone sees any problems with the way I'm doing this? Thanks and hope the attachment shows up correctly!

Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where I can find a wiring diagram for a 95 honda civic... I need to find the continuity between some wires and I need to figure out where the other ends of them are... so if there are any web sites that have them... please let me know asap

Carrier Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking at furnace for a friend. The furnace will come on with that small fan and the pilot will light. However, the burner will not catch. This unit has a igniter I suspect that the igniter is bad. Is there any way to test it?

View more questions Search