Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 02:59 PM

Do not start a new thread each time you want to respond. Go back to your earlier post and just type in the blank box at the bottom. Reader of this new post have no clue what you were saying earlier.

Check out some similar questions!

Drilling holes in ceiling joist [ 5 Answers ]

I am drilling holes through a 2x6 ceiling joist. How many 12/2 wires can you run through a 7/8" hole? I am drilling the hole in the center of the 2x6 (width wise). Where is the best to drill the hole length wise? Thank you for your help.

Joist size for 22 ft span [ 5 Answers ]

I am rebuilding on my carport slab. What size joist is needed (yellow pine) to span 22 ft from outer wall to interior wall? Then 10 ft from interior wall to back wall? Will consider using a conceiled beam or 2 to suspend joist if necessary. O.K. Knew I would forget to specify that this question...

Ceiling Joist ends under low sloped hip roof [ 10 Answers ]

We're removing the ceiling in an old house I bought and we need to replace several ceiling joists. Some of the joists were sagging due to water damage, but we're replacing several more to increase their size from 2"x8"x18' to 2"x10"x18'. We're also changing them from 24" OC to 12"OC and adding...

How do you put a pole up againt 2 ceiling joist? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to put a pressurized pole from the ceiling to the floor To stablilize it the pole needs to be positioned against 2 joist. I did locate the joist but I don't under stand against 2 joist. The triangle "joist" that go the width of the house and then the beam tha goes the length of the house....

Ceiling joist spans [ 1 Answers ]

What is the recommended ceiling joist spans on new home construction - 16 in or 24 in and what are the maximum spans for each?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.