Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramorreale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 08:05 PM
    Deed question
    I would like to add my son and my husband to my home, which is mortgage free. Can I and what do I have to do?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 05:45 AM
    You would have to prepare a deed from yourself, as seller, to yourself, your husband and your son, as buyers. Then you would have to have the deed recorded in the county clerk's office.

I strongly suggest that you have an attorney handle this for you. It should not be expensive and that way you will make sure that your intentions are carried out properly. If you do it yourself and make a mistake it could be very difficult and costly to repair it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

My name is not on the deed, what now? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I plan on retaining an attorney as soon as I get the funds, but in the meantime, I have questions! We have been married for 4 years, together for a total of 12 years. First thing is our home. We bought it from his mother, no contract-just verbal. My husband took out a mortgage on it...

Name on deed [ 3 Answers ]

What do I have to do to put my sons name on the deed to my house

Deed [ 1 Answers ]

My question is: I bought a house about 6 years ago when I was a single mom. Recently I got married and have NOT put my husbands name on the deed. Now my question is, if I decide to divorce him does he have any rights to my house?

View more questions Search