Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Jul 18, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Rental Security Deposit Not Returned
    I moved out of my Landlord's house more than two weeks ago and I have not received my deposit or an explanation of charges. The law states that I am entitled to a full refund regardless
    Of any reason if I do not receive a refund with an explanation of charges two weeks after vacating the premises. However, I moved out of state and I am not sure how to proceed. What are my
    Options for getting my security deposit back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 08:12 PM

Write them and demand your money

If they don't pay, you go back and sue them in small claims court.
    Thus the issue, if they don't pay, you can sue them, but have to do it, at the court there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 18, 2009, 08:17 PM

Where are you that its 2 weeks?Generally its longer. Did you leave a forwarding address?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two people signed a lease, security deposit only returned to one tenant [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate and I moved into a two bedroom apartment in in New York State in which we both signed a lease. We were asked to give a $970 security deposit for the apartment, total. We have since moved out. My roommate received a check for $420 made out specifically to him. I called my landlord...

Rental security Deposit [ 3 Answers ]

I was just asked to move in with my b/f so I could be closer to school and I got a job closer also, so this past weekend when I moved in his landlord requested for me to pay a security deposit of $485.00 which my b/f has already paid $485.00 when he moved in, in October 07' so now landlord has...

Rental Security Deposit [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, so here is a situation I am looking for some advice on. I recently moved out of an apartment that I was in for a year and I left it in what I thought was fantastic condition. My ex-landlord called me and said that the light and ceiling fan in one of the rooms does not work anymore and wants me...

Security deposit in DC not returned! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently moved out of a coop apartment in DC after 3 months (well, technically 4, I paid rent on the 4th month even though I didn't live there). The neighborhood just was not very safe--the front security door was broken at least twice when someone tried to break in. My lease (yes, I still...

Rental Security Deposit [ 3 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I both leased a house three years ago in Ohio and I put down the deposit and first months rent. We have separated and the landlord said our month to month lease was finished and that both of us had to move as of August first. I did all the patching of nail holes and cleaning and the...

View more questions Search