Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    estefania Posts: 90, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Eastern Box Turtle care
    Just recently a friend of mine has obtained an eastern box turtle. We were wondering how to care for it. Should we keep it in water or in mulch?
    And what do they prefer to eat? We fed it vegetables but it doesn't seem too interested so now we are trying raw hamburger meat. What do they prefer?
    Any answers to this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    IRISHSAINT26 Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2009, 02:04 PM

Eastern Box Turtle Care

This web site helped me a lot, hope it helps you

Jul 18, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Eastern Box Turtle Care

Jul 18, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Dang it why won't it go on there Google that
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 02:08 PM

It is there.

This forum automatically shortens links to give a description of the site.
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 18, 2009, 08:24 PM
    What are you keeping it in?

If it's in a box like aquarium then I would suggest making a platform and fill the aquarium with water but only at the bottom.

I'm not sure exactly what they eat but I think they eat pretty much everything they can find.

Also, where did you get the turtle?
    Did you get it from a pet store or a friend?
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 20, 2009, 08:38 PM

I just found this website and thought you might want to take a look at it.

Care Sheet - Eastern Box Turtle

Hope that helped!
    estefania Posts: 90, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 01:19 PM

All right thanks for helping me out. One of our friends found the turtle somewhere in the woods around here and picked it up. She gave it to my other friend who is now taking care of it. Ive been helping her. We put the turle in a tank with no water to swim in. It wouldn't eat at first. We fed it veggies and it hardly ate. So I went out and bought it some dog food. The turtle seems to be eating it so I guess its all right for now. It ate a strawberry also but it doesn't seem to like them that much. Its eating a little every now and then so I think its doing fine right now. Thanks for the advice and help with the care sheets. My friend and I greatly appreciate it :)
    Alexxia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 06:02 PM
    You need to do A LOT to take care of that Turtle... Don't FEED IT DOG FOOD... IT is not a DOG... GO to the site above and find out all the information you can about it... It is an animal that can live for 100 yrs... You should never take a turtle out of the wild... the stress... over time... can kill it... it needs special lighting... and food...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eastern Religion Elements Matrix [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I find Countries of Origin, historical figurs and events, central beliefs, nature of God, texts, ritual and practice (sacred elements & their meaning), ethics, and morality for each of these religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Daoism. All responses will be greatly...

Eastern Religion Elements [ 1 Answers ]

What are some Historical Figures and events for Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Daoism? I am doing an assigment on these religions and have no clue and have ran into a road block so I thought I would ask for a little help here. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me. If you...

Eastern Religion Elements Matrix [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find the countries nature of god hitorical figures events,rituals and practice,etics and morality of all the eastern religions

How to get rid of eastern tent caterpillars [ 5 Answers ]

My 2 crab trees have eastern tent caterpillars, how do I get rid of them for good? {moved from Forum Help-<>}

Eastern Religions [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone please help me by answering this question. What are the historical events and figures for Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and daoism?

View more questions Search