Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljs1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 09:34 AM
    Ac spitting out water
    I have a small 5000 BTU window ac. It started spitting water out the top and making noise.
    I noticed it after we had a heavy rain last night. I do not detect any freon smell.
    Could it just be from the rain?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 12:12 PM
    1st ,there is no smell to freon
    As for the water it could be that the drain is stopped up
    A 5000 BTU ac will nned to be taken out and cover removed to get to the inside for cleaning, if the water can't get out the fan blade will slush through the water and make the sound you hear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spitting Hot Water [ 3 Answers ]

In our bath sink in detached garage, the Hot water spits, coughs. Starts about 10 seconds after turning it on and continues for 30 seconds. Garage has it's own water heater. How can I stop it?

Spitting blood [ 1 Answers ]

This happens to me randomly and never thought it's a big deal since I feel pretty healthy. I am mid 20s and healthy physically. Once a while I get this warm feeling in my throat (or right behind or above my throat). It feels like it's dripping to my throat or to my mouth until I realize by taste...

Our water is still surges, spitting, what's going on? [ 5 Answers ]

We recently replaced our water pressure tank. Since then we are still noticing occasional surges in our water. Double flushing in our toilet and the water pressure comes and goes. Could there be something else wrong?

Water spitting and sputtering [ 1 Answers ]

I have Wellsaver 20 gallon water tank and a shallow well pump from Home Depot, not sure of the brand name. When I turn on the water, it spits & sputters for a few minutes every time its turned on. I have replaced the check valve & that did not fix the problem. Do you have any idea what could...

Spitting Blood [ 0 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I I live in Japan and she has a problem that has persisted despite thorough medical exams here and in her home country. In the morning she spits small spots of coagulated blood, usually about the size of a pin head, sometimes a little larger, but not in any great volume. She has...

View more questions Search