Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helk143jh Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Jul 17, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Phlebotomy interns needed?
    Hi, I just completed my phlebotomy tech course in May 2009. I went to quinsigamond college in worcester mass. I missed the internship for U-Mass memorial by 1 point! I am now having trouble finding a place that will take me. I have my certificate and I know my stuff, it's just that everywhere that I've applied, want at least 1-2yrs experience! How am I going to start anywhere if they are all that way?
    If anyone knows where I can go, or if anyone knows what I should do? PLEASE HELP ME! :D
    Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2009, 08:07 PM

Have you considered redo the internship, or perhaps working non paid for a charity group to gain experience.

Part of the trouble of course, by missing it by "1" point, the 1000's of students all over the US, who did pass it, will often be chosen first unless you can sell yourself better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

But we NEEDED to do it. [ 16 Answers ]

The cry of the Obama administration, and the Bush administration before it, is that we NEEDED to bail out the banks, AIG and the big three auto makers. They were all too big and important to fail. Bull-puckey. This was never about these organizations being too big to fail. This has always...

How long should I stay in this Phlebotomy Internship? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been working towards a certificate in Phlebotomy, and I'm 3 weeks away from obtaining it! My school didn't offer any internships, but luckily my aunt used to work for a small clinic, and got me an internship. I'm the only phlebotomist there! It's an unpaid Internship, and it's everyday 9am...

Deductions for Interns on F1 Visa status. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I am an international student working as an intern in Houston TX. It would be a great help if you could inform me what are the taxes that are deductible from my salary. Currently there are 3 types of taxes that are being deducted from my account. 1) FED W/H. 2) OASDI FED 3)...

Phlebotomy ? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a website where I can find not only the new correct Order of Draw, but also can tell me the color of tube to be used for each blood test ordered ? Thank You.

High school interns [ 1 Answers ]

I am implementing an internship program for high school students in central Florida.  the focus of the program is to expose/preview career options upon graduating from high school through continuing education.  hopefully the intern will have a better perspective of what they want before they get to...

View more questions Search