Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Loud pop and black smoke, is my capacitor fried?
    I was outside this everning and I heard a loud pop coming from somewhere within the vicinity of the out door units. As I approached them, I noticed black smoke coming from the bigger one. I ran in the house and shut the power off to the out door unit and indoor handler.

Is capacitor fried, or something worst?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 17, 2009, 08:16 PM
    It could be the capacitor but you will be the one to discover the real story when you open it up and have a look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black smoke [ 1 Answers ]

Before tearing into it, what's the first to look at for a very rich running lawn mower? It's a 4 year old 3.5 B&S push mower. Just a basic little mower but still too new to trash. It just barely runs, drinks gas like crazy, and makes little difference if the air filter is on or not. Fuel is...

Furnace blower stuck "on",capacitor fried! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman home furnace with a white-rodgers circuit board,model 50a50-241.On occasion the blower would not turn off with the t-stat.I would lighly hit the side of the furnace and the blower would go off.Now the blower was stuck on and I found the start capacitor burnt badly and the circuit...

95 honda blowing black smoke [ 6 Answers ]

Honda seems to be blowing what seems to be black smoke and it smells if the car is left turned on. Wondering if this means the end of my engine or what?

Thick black smoke out of stack? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a oil fired forced air furnace, I just cleaned it it was past due,I cleaned the blower ,the gun I removed and replaced the nozzle and cleaned the soot off the gun itself ,replaced the filter that is inline from the tank and now it is runnig fine but it is smokeing ,really black thick...

Black smoke at Full Throttle [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Garden Tractor w/ a Kohler 25 hp engine. Recently,we had the fuel solenoid replaced (this problem was correctly diagnosed by NEWAUKUDOM! Thanks!) and since we have it gotten back, the engine burns black smoke (rightside seated), especially under load. Checked the plugs, heavy oil...

View more questions Search