Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merissam Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2009, 07:10 PM
    I want to learn.
    Hello I want to learn how to skateboard, but I don't know where I can, boys are too busy and I need a place where a 12 year old girl can learn how to skateboard.. by the way,it has to be in pittsburgh.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 11:06 PM

Is there any reason you are wanting to learn to skateboard?
    If it's because it's what's "cool" nowadays, then just learn in your driveway.
    What most of the kids are skating is street. That means you skate on the sidewalk, street, all around town. Skate parks are not "cool" anymore, by the norm of skaters your age. However, if you insist on stateparks, here is a LIST OF PITTSBURGH SKATEPARKS

By "boys are too busy" I'm assuming you're a girl? Trust me, tell some skater boys that you are interested on learning to skate, and you want some one-on-one lessons, and they'll be all over the chance to teach you.

Jul 17, 2009, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    What most of the kids are skating is street. That means you skate on the sidewalk, street, all around town. Skate parks are not "cool" anymore, by the norm of skaters your age. However, if you insist on stateparks, here is a LIST OF PITTSBURGH SKATEPARKS

By "boys are too busy" I'm assuming you're a girl? Trust me, tell some skater boys that you are interested on learning to skate, and you want some one-on-one lessons, and they'll be all over the chance to teach you.
    Thanks.:).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 18, 2009, 04:34 AM

Also check with stores in your area that sell boards and accessories. They may be able to hook you up with someone who can teach you.

I'm assuming you want to learn how to do tricks on a board. Because just riding a board is easy, place one foot on the board, push off with the other and glide.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Good idea scott!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I'm assuming you want to learn how to do tricks on a board. Because just riding a board is easy, place one foot on the board, push off with the other and glide.
    Actually, for those of us who are... unstable... it takes years of practice to be able to just "skate around" effectively! XD
    However... I found riding a Ripstick much easier and enjoyable!

Jul 18, 2009, 03:14 PM

I'm too shy to just go up to them and try to skateboard.. what if I fall and everyone laughs?
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 06:28 PM

That's why you ask for a one-on-one lesson. Meet whoever you chose to help you somewhere without a lot of people around. He'll help you. If you fall (which you will, it's part of learning how to skatebooard) he'll be the only one there. He won't laugh, or at least not much, because he wants to be there with you, and doesn't want you to leave him there for being a jerk.
    Everyone falls when learning to skateboard, even the pros do occasionally, so if you do it just means you are learning. Anyone who laughs when you fall, and you aren't just trying to entertain them, doesn't understand what stateboarding is.

Jul 18, 2009, 07:11 PM
    That's why you ask for a one-on-one lesson. Meet whoever you chose to help you somewhere without a lot of people around. He'll help you. If you fall (which you will, it's part of learning how to skatebooard) he'll be the only one there. He won't laugh, or at least not much, because he wants to be there with you, and doesn't want you to leave him there for being a jerk.
    Everyone falls when learning to skateboard, even the pros do occasionally, so if you do it just means you are learning. Anyone who laughs when you fall, and you aren't just trying to entertain them, doesn't understand what stateboarding is.
    Thankss. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm just try to learn [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 5 ton unit but the got stuck and my budget can't afford to buy anather 1 so I find one very cheap and havet is a very expirenced ac thech and he told me I can make it wisrk with out any changes okey the one I got now is a5 ton with 10 seer and the coil is also a 10 seer the neww...

What can I learn? [ 3 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor. Later I told them the truth that I was just...

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

How will my dog learn to tell me she has to go out? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 3 month old female westie. We've had her for about 3 weeks. For 2 of those weeks, she has been on an antibiotic for a UTI. During that time, she has had numerous accidents in the house-understandably so-due to the nature of her illness. In the one good week we have had so far, she has...

View more questions Search