Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnoldmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Looking for toy from 1985 possibly a beeople?
    I am looking for a toy that my children had. I have a bad pic of the back of it when my twins were around 16 months... So, I believe we purchased it in 1985 or 86.

It is a furry (brownish or grayish) "bear like" animal. It was battery powered.
    It made a "worbble" like noise and its eye blinked red with a light change or possibly movement. My kids would pick it up and then when they put it down, it would "worbble" again.

I have seen pictures of the "chubble" and it looks bigger. It did not have any clothes or t shirt.

It was in a sitted position and has outstretched arms.

I have heard reference to a "beeople" or chibble, but haven't seen pictures of them to know if that might be the name.

It isn't an ewok, even though it sort of looks like somewhat of a spin off from the era.

I would love to find one.

Does anyone know the name, manufacturer... or where I might go to see one?

Thanks so much. LB
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 01:17 PM

Is this it?

Yahoo! Image Search
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 01:19 PM

It wasn't a furby was it?
    tnoldmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 02:06 PM

No, it is larger that the Yahoo image. I think that is the pic of the one that was called a chubble.

It was larger and didn't have any clothing. Also, its face wasn't so flat. It was brownish or grayish in color and its limbs were larger.

I think that furby came later.

Thanks,
    Linda
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 03:12 PM

There's gizmos too

vintageswank.com
    xine23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 09:35 PM
    I had a chibble! I loved that toy. Mine was light blue. They aren't a bear, but a ball of fluff almost. Www.thinkgeek.com sells tribbles, which are similar, except it seems they lack the glowing eyes. I actually found your question because I googled for the chibble. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possibly pregnant.possibly [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old male from puerto rico. These recent months have been horrible in my life and my mental stability has been a huge roller coaster ride that now appears to be at the highest peak before the steepest fall. I recently got back together with the love of my life, a beautiful woman who I...

1985 bmw 325e [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bmw 325e the car runs good cold, when it warms up it runs sluggish,then when I turn it off and wait about 5 min turn it on it has no power sluggish, can't carry itself 10feet, it's a 5 speed car. I've changed the motronic control unit , the mass aitflow, the cts, checked the exhaust for...

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search